Thanks Glen. I'll check it out.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Where's Ryo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Kitamura View Post
Normally, I wire full amount to bank account or to Paypal account ( I am a Ebayer with 3571 positive feed back - htcgolf1999).
After you confirm my payment shows up at your bank account, you ship it to my forwarder. I am sure they have an office in Alabama. That is the end of the deal on your part. The rest will be handled by us. Since the amount involved is large, probably I should ask you to allow me to wire you 50% in advance and the rest to cash on delivery( I need to talk to my forwarder if they can do it for me).
I need a FMVSS sticker or decal to register it in Japan. I was told that it was located just inside the trailer on the lower portion of the cabinet.

FMVSS stands for Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, which are U.S. federal regulations specifying design, construction, performance, and durability requirements for motor vehiclesand regulated safety-related components, systems, and design features.

Make me the best offer with photos of documents or decal that proves it meets FVSS, delivery to the port of Alabama or nearest international port.Thank you. uppertopper@gmail.com Ryo Kitamura
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm.......
According to the eBay site, htcgolf1999 primarily sells golfing accessories and books, has no current eBay listings and lives in the UNITED STATES

Ryo sez he lives in Fuksuhima, not to be confused with Riverside, CA's sister city, Fukushima, much in the news for the past year as being, basically, uninhabited (I think) and not much of a venue for a tiny FGRV, but who knows.

So, now he offers to send you 50% of the purchase price (enough to stay under some magic number that all scammers seem to avoid in international transfers) and the rig is dropped off at the "Port of Alabama" (where ever that is located) for a very long and expensive trip to Japan. And either the check bounces or, if it actually gets shipped, the buyer sez he doesn't like the condition, color, smell or something else and won't finish the paymant agreement.

And using PayPal for a large purchase is not recommended by, guess who? PayPal.

I asked htcgolf1999 if he was looking for a trailer, so far no answer... Stay Tuned.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #17

California
BTW: Did anyone notice that the Scam tracking site recommends opening a gmail account so it would be almost impossible to track back to you.
Funny that Ryo also has a gmail account.....
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #18

Name: Ryo
Trailer: Currently shipping
Fuksuhima
Angry I will buy a new trailer from a dealer

Too much hostility. I am a honest businessman who just wanted to buy a
Scamp trailer. You Scamp lovers treat me like a scum. I run a international trading firm and regularly make shipments from the port of LA. A Scamp 13' fits in a 20' container, which makes it pretty easy to import. You people hate me. So I walk away.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #19

California
Hmmmm.... I wonder what Scamp Dealer he is talking to?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #20

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
dealer

Be interesting if he tells us the dealers name for new Scamps in LA
Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 AM   #21

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
I must be going blind. I didn't see anything in his postings about a Scamp dealer in L.A. Although I do know of one outfit that rents them and I think he just might be a member of this forum.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #22

Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
This has been so much FUN for me to read, AND it should be INCREDIBLY INFORMATIVE for others that don't know the 'process' which Mr. Ryo has outlined. I do not find BOB or others commenting on this thread as 'beating' this scam process to death. Many sellers are upright and innocent and would be VERY thankful to hear about this kind of theft.

Mr. Ryo said, 'I will walk away...'
I say to him, Listen to the old Nancy Sinatra song: 'These boots were made for walkin'...I'll walk all over YOU'. Keep on WALKIN', Mr. Ryo!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #23

California
Scamp Dealer in L.A. (or LA?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gage View Post
I must be going blind. I didn't see anything in his postings about a Scamp dealer in L.A. Although I do know of one outfit that rents them and I think he just might be a member of this forum.

Buy Scamp from a dealer + Ships from "Port of Los Angeles" = Scamp Dealer in L.A.?

Apparently he is the only person on the (RV'ing) planet that doesn't know that Scamp doesn't have any dealers.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #24

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I hope no one selling a Scamp or Casita from other sources doesn't get tapped by Ryo. When I bought my Scamp from a nice couple, The sellers ask me to go the bank with them and the cashiers check. I'm sure even though it was a cashiers check, it was from out of state, and it was just an extra precaution for them. Since I wasn't trying to rip them off it was no problem.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp