Wanted Scamp 13' trailer CA - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

Name: Ryo
Trailer: Currently shipping
Fuksuhima
Wanted Scamp 13' trailer CA

I am looking for a Scamp 13' trailer with front bathroom in a good condition preferably younger than 2006. The trailer needs to be pulled to
a shipping company in Torrance near the port of CA for export to Japan.
I need a photo of the compliance decal located just inside the trailer on the lower portion of the cabint to make sure I can register it in Japan.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #2

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
Any interest in mine? The pictures are under the 'for sale' classifieds.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #3

Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
...Watch OUT...

This ad follows the now, very familiar format of towing something to a certain state, and the buyer (who you will never see or deal directly with) will have it shipped overseas. Seller BEWARE.
Talk to others who've routinely seen this type of 'Buyer'! No one in Japan, is going to pay the shipping charge from the US!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
The next step is that the buyer will send you a "Cashiers Check" for more than the sales amount and, "because it includes their commission", with instructions to cash the check, keep your money for the sale, and send them back the comission and, as soon as it is received they will: a) Tell you where to deliver the trailer for shipment, usually in about a month or b) Disappear.....

When you call the shipping company there may even be a container reserved for a shipment next month, but that's a cheap cover, it's also "reserved" for ten other scams they are running this week. In two more weeks the reservation will be cancelled.

In either event, your bank will call you in about a week and tell you that you cashed a bad check and that they want their money back....now

BTW: Never heard of the "Port of CA" much less a "Compliance Decal" that's on the inside door.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #5

Alabama
Good info but, I was wanting to see his next step. I would want to see an electronic fund transfer bank to bank with bank personnel involved
Old 01-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #6

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
What is a "compliance decal"? Compliance with what? Who issues it? Also, EFT's can be bogus. It is a way to get your bank account info. There are too many people in the US looking to buy. I'd put this one at the bottom of the list, if on the list at all.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #7

Alabama
Totally agree Alice. I think you missed the point. EFT's CAN be bullet proof as well. A way to get HIS info.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #8

California
The Nigerian Scammers use British Banks on a regular basis to route $$$$ into blind accounts. In one recent example, it was a bank employee in London, that was a part of the scam, that made it seem bullet proof to an unsuspecting buyer.

Just ask, WHY would a Japanese buyer want an American trailer, with the entrance door on the wrong side, the wiring set-up for the wrong voltage and an LP system that doesn't interchange. not to mention the cost of shipping and, on top of that, the horror of buying something used, something almost unheard of in Japan unless one was buying a classic car.

And if cost wan't a consideraton, why wouldn't they just buy a new one from the factory.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #9

Alabama
I'm not sure who you are trying to convince, but I agree with most of your comments! I'm not sure about yours, but MY banking transactions ARE bullet proof My son lived in Sasebo japan and there is a market over there...FYI. I think we beat this to death and you have done an excellent job warning anyone who cares.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #10

California
I'm sure your bank is as safe as.... using a credit card at Target or Neiman-Marcus.

After working in FGRV's for almost 12 years I have seen more variations on scams for RV's that I can possibly even count..... and I have seen some of the smartest peeps in the world get sucked into them.....

What I write is for everyone reading hereabouts, now and later.....
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #11

Alabama
As I stated..." You have done an excellent job warning anyone who cares". I believe your point was made...a few times!!! And yes, my banking is bullet proof. Unlike using a credit card at a target or NM. Sorry if you have not been so fortunate.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #12

Name: Ryo
Trailer: Currently shipping
Fuksuhima
Scamp 13' trailer

Normally, I wire full amount to bank account or to Paypal account ( I am a Ebayer with 3571 positive feed back - htcgolf1999).
After you confirm my payment shows up at your bank account, you ship it to my forwarder. I am sure they have an office in Alabama. That is the end of the deal on your part. The rest will be handled by us. Since the amount involved is large, probably I should ask you to allow me to wire you 50% in advance and the rest to cash on delivery( I need to talk to my forwarder if they can do it for me).
I need a FMVSS sticker or decal to register it in Japan. I was told that it was located just inside the trailer on the lower portion of the cabinet.

FMVSS stands for Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, which are U.S. federal regulations specifying design, construction, performance, and durability requirements for motor vehiclesand regulated safety-related components, systems, and design features.

Make me the best offer with photos of documents or decal that proves it meets FVSS, delivery to the port of Alabama or nearest international port.Thank you. uppertopper@gmail.com Ryo Kitamura
Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #13

Alabama
Ryo, I must say you have given it your best. I was interested to see your next move, but at this point I'm done with the game!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #14

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
For your entertainment, go to: 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
These get pleasure from scamming the scammers.

Tags
scamp