Wanted: Trillium with Front Dinette - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #1

Name: Rod
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Wanted: Trillium with Front Dinette

Hello,

I am looking for a either Trillium 1300 or 4500 with a factory front dinette (yes, they made the 1300 with the front dinette - don't believe me? Check this out: 1979 Trillium 1300 pictures from good times photos on webshots ). I am looking from something in great original condition. Prefer an 80's model. I am located in Vancouver BC Canada, but am willing to travel for the right one. Thanks!

~Rodre

Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Very cool!
I want to do that type of conversion to my Trillium.
Good luck on your search...Trilliums don't come up too often locally, keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
Cheers!
Emily

Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

British Columbia
Registry
Darn you Emily :-P

When I saw this notification for this post come into my email inbox I thought my dreams had been answered! Howdy! none the less and thanks for your well wishes :-)

~Rodre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. View Post
Very cool!
I want to do that type of conversion to my Trillium.
Good luck on your search...Trilliums don't come up too often locally, keeping my fingers crossed for ya!
Cheers!
Emily
Old 04-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre View Post
When I saw this notification for this post come into my email inbox I thought my dreams had been answered! Howdy! none the less and thanks for your well wishes :-)

~Rodre
Sorry to get your hopes up
I really like your awning, it looks like it works really slick!
Are you planning on having two Trilliums?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #5

British Columbia
Registry
I am not sure but I don't think so as I don't have enough room to store 2 Trilliums. If I get a 1300 with the front dinette (I doubt this as I have only ever seen 1 on the web) then I will sell my current 1300 for sure. If I get a 4500 with the front dinette then I may keep this one if I have a place to store both by then. I doubt this though as I have a wife to contend with in these matters so it is probably just wishful thinking and I may receive a beating just for mentioning it. Good thing she doesn't know about this forum :-P

~Rod

Quote:
Sorry to get your hopes up
I really like your awning, it looks like it works really slick!
Are you planning on having two Trilliums?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #6

Registry
Hey Rod why don't you consider doing a conversion/modification on the Trillium 1300 that you already have. It's in such great shape and from what I've read on this forum it's not too difficult to change the front bunk/couch into a two person dinette.

Here is a superb example of a conversion Siesta is finally done, my 76 scamp

If you do some searching through this forum you find others who have done the same mod with great success.

I plan on doing this mod once my boys are big enough to sleep in a tent on their own.

Emily
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Hey Rod why don't you consider doing a conversion/modification on the Trillium 1300 that you already have. It's in such great shape and from what I've read on this forum it's not too difficult to change the front bunk/couch into a two person dinette.

Here is a superb example of a conversion Siesta is finally done, my 76 scamp

If you do some searching through this forum you find others who have done the same mod with great success.

I plan on doing this mod once my boys are big enough to sleep in a tent on their own.

Emily
Well, I have to say that it is quite tempting, however, I don't think I could bring myself to do it. It's not so much about my handy skills but my appreciation for keeping things in their original state. I appreciate my current Trillium for what it is - a great factory original in great shape with the front bunk. I guess I like things to be factory orginal. Also, the challenge and the thrill of the hunt would be gone. I also am not 100% sure if the unit would remain structurly sound. If you notice the ones with the factory front dinettes seem to have more re-enforcement in the front wall area - not sure about this and it is just a hunch.

Here is another fine example of a 1300 with a front dinette:

Roulotte Trillium 1300 Trailer - Gatineau VR vendre - Kijiji Gatineau

I have tried to contact that seller but I didn't get a resonse, so I can only guess that it is sold.

~Rod
Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre View Post
Here is another fine example of a 1300 with a front dinette:

Roulotte Trillium 1300 Trailer - Gatineau VR vendre - Kijiji Gatineau

I have tried to contact that seller but I didn't get a resonse, so I can only guess that it is sold.

~Rod
Too bad the owner in Gatineau didn't get back to you, it's good looking trailer and a fair price. Maybe he doesn't speak English and couldn't read your email Just a thought.

Good luck on your quest!
May the trailer gods be with you!

Cheers!
Emily
Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #9

British Columbia
Registry
Thumbs down Bump!

C'Mon, I know somebody has one out there just sitting in their garage for the past 20 years. Give me a PM and I will put some $$$ in your pocket
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #10

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Looking for FGRV

You don't say which Vancouver you live in. If it is WA this may interest you.

We saw a FGRV just south of Satus Pass on US 97. Amazingly, it shows up on Google. The guy has it out attached to his TV as the Google car went by!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ft...n=0,0&t=h&z=15

Or enter this address: 2625 U.S. 97, Goldendale, WA 98620, US

Or go to Satus Pass, WA and move a few hundred feet south, just north of the road coming in from the west.

If the golden man won't click, click on "more" in the left column and then select "street view".

We observed it next to the barn both last year and this year going and coming from Mary Hill.

What mark is it??

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #11

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
You don't say which Vancouver you live in. If it is WA this may interest you.

We saw a FGRV just south of Satus Pass on US 97. Amazingly, it shows up on Google. The guy has it out attached to his TV as the Google car went by!!

2681 U.S. 97

Or enter this address: 2625 U.S. 97, Goldendale, WA 98620, US

Or go to Satus Pass, WA and move a few hundred feet south, just north of the road coming in from the west.

If the golden man won't click, click on "more" in the left column and then select "street view".

We observed it next to the barn both last year and this year going and coming from Mary Hill.

What mark is it??
I can't tell, I don't think it is a trillium, unless it is a very first '69 or '70's model. It looks like it may have Jalousie windows in the rear dinette area. The front stone shield looks like a bolers. Tough to say. Others may be able to check this view:

2625 U.S. 97, Goldendale, WA 98620, US - Google Maps

~Rodre
Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #12

British Columbia
Registry
Summer time is here, and for those of you are cleaning up your garage and stumbled upon that Trillium 4500 front dinette model you bought decades ago, used a couple of times, parked it in the garage then sent the kids to college here is your chance to sell it. I know there has to be one out there with my name on it. Bump!

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #13

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
...Hey, Rodre!
Check this out!
And it's in your neighborhood, too...
That's a front-and-rear-dinette Trillium 1300, Babaloo!
It's actually "For Rent" at Trillium | Vancouver Boler Rentals- but everything's for sale at the right price, no?
Or since it's a business and they might not be too attached to this model, maybe you can work a trade...

Good luck!

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #14

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
...Hey, Rodre!
Check this out!
And it's in your neighborhood, too...
That's a front-and-rear-dinette Trillium 1300, Babaloo!
It's actually "For Rent" at Trillium | Vancouver Boler Rentals- but everything's for sale at the right price, no?
Or since it's a business and they might not be too attached to this model, maybe you can work a trade...

Good luck!

Francesca

Hi Francesca,

That is actually a 80's model fron bunk model. it doesn't have the dinette in the front, although it probably could considering it has the split front fibergalss seat that they started doing in the 80's so they woudn't have to maintain separate molds for the front bunk and front dinette models. There is a piece of plywood bolted down between the 2 seats. This may be more work than I am willing to do and the condition doesn't look that great, but I still may call them and go and check it out. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I am willing to pay a $80 CAD finders fee for any lead that results in my purchasing an 80's factory front dinnette model. It's getting hot!!!!

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium