Wanted – Triple E TM14 Surfside travel trailer / Boler, Scamp, Trillium, Casita - Fiberglass RV

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers

Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Name: Bill
Trailer: Surfside TM-14
Wanted – Triple E TM14 Surfside travel trailer / Boler, Scamp, Trillium, Casita

I’ve recently begun looking for a smaller fiberglass travel trailer – Boler, Scamp, Trillium, Casita,
Surfside, U-Haul….

The 14’ Triple E TM14 Surfside trailer is appealing to me with its extra foot of living space –
yet still relatively light weight.

I’m willing to travel “cross- country” if necessary for the right trailer.

Ideally, since I’d be living in the trailer where I’ll be working (and later traveling with family), I’d like to find one with a newer refrigerator and furnace – however, I have the skills and tools to do any work necessary.

In addition, I’d be pulling the trailer with a Subaru and would like to find a trailer already with Electric brakes – but, I’m able to bring my tools and install a new axle and electric brakes anywhere I’m at if needed.

Thank you in advance for any advice or travel trailers you can refer to me.

SojournBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Here's a Little Joe but in Canada: Little Joe - Trailer for two - Oshawa / Durham Region Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Oshawa / Durham Region Canada.

Cathy P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Thank you for the resources

I have gone to the sites you have suggested and already “bookmarked” them to save.

I can never get enough of good resource link information.

Thank you!

I, too, have been using “oodle” and “craigslist” for several years.

Craigslist has been a powerful tool for me – no wonder the newspapers of the world are going out of business because of the loss of ad revenue. I have bought a sold a number of vehicles, boats, utility trailers there.

I always have a couple of something’s listed there for sale on craigslist.

I have done very well buying things on craigslist. Ie) cars. I have done the best by running “Wanted” ads for a particular vehicle in the general “For Sale by Private Individuals” (under cars) section of craigslist, and not the general Wanted section.

Every once and while my ads will get “flagged” (and stopped), but I wait a couple of days and relist them

I have done well getting a “first look” at someone’s car just before they list it on Craigslist for sale.

I also love to use –

1) “Ebay” (bought and sold hundreds of items there)

2) “List-Alert” – Have maxed (100 alerts on my accout) the number alerts to my email for craigslist ads.

3) “Kijiji” – I’m checking every day for Canadian listings

4) “Craigslist app” for my Android cell phone – Craigslist alerts right to my email account that I can pick up on my cell phone.

5) “Google Alert” – I use all the time for notifying me via my email account of anything on the web with key words

I sure love the use of technology we can have at our fingertips.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Hi Bill

Did you see this one: sorta near you: 14' TRIPLE E SURF SIDE TRAILER

Because it's over 25 y.o. it is a slam dunk to import it to the U.S.
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Triple E in Surrey referral

I called the seller immediately upon seeing your referral to the craigslist ad for the Triple E Surfside trailer in Surrey, BC

I was unable to make contact with the Seller, and so, left my phone number and the fact that "I was very interested in his trailer and believe it was just what I'm looking for."

I called again maybe 30 minutes later and left another message expressing my interest.

I just got home and sent an email "reply" to his craigslist ad - again with my contact information and interest and belief that his trailer is just what I'm looking for.

Thank you again for thinking of me and my needs.

I'll keep trying - and I'll let you know.....
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
I called/emailed about the trailer in Surrey you referred to me a couple of more times - The fellow answered my inquiries - told him I was very interested and that what he had was what I had been looking for.
I was able to make an appointment to see it this past Saturday (couple of days ago)
I drove to Surrey, BC and arrived early afternoon.
The trailer was everything he had described in his ad and more.
We were able to come to terms and I purchased his trailer.
I had some trouble wiring my Subaru Outback Wagon and had to spend the night in the trailer in front of their house. Sunday morning, The seller was able to help me find the wiring adapter I needed to convert my car wiring with a "6 to 4" wiring.
Then, on to customs.
I had called the Blaine Customs office 2 days before and had a good understanding of what was required to import the trailer to the US.
The customs agent that I met with was quite convinced that I was required to have a letter from the trailer manufacture and a DOT/EPA emissions test before I could process the trailer through customs.
After some discussion, he finally called on a supervisor who was able to help him understand the procedure for a 1977 trailer.
1) The trailer was over 25 years old so no DOT/EPA/Manufacturer letters or inspections were required;
2) The trailer is not a vehicle so it produces no "emissions";
3) I was going to use the trailer personally so "no duty" would be charged;
4) The NAFTA trade agreement with Canada required "no duty" be charged.
He went ahead with the paperwork; the trailer was inspected - and after another 1/2 hour or so I finally received a "Form 7501" - needed to take to the state of WA Vehicle Licensing.
I have to take the paperwork (Canadian registration - signed by Seller; Bill of Sale and Customs form 7501) into WA licensing today - and, hoping I have everything required.
Thanks again for the referral. I think the trailer well work very well for me.
It seems "well made"; the seller stripped the interior and replaced everything but the original furnace -
Thanks again for taking the time to let me know about it.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud

EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote

boler, casita, scamp, surfside, trillium