I called/emailed about the trailer in Surrey you referred to me a couple of more times - The fellow answered my inquiries - told him I was very interested and that what he had was what I had been looking for.
I was able to make an appointment to see it this past Saturday (couple of days ago)
I drove to Surrey, BC and arrived early afternoon.
The trailer was everything he had described in his ad and more.
We were able to come to terms and I purchased his trailer.
I had some trouble wiring my Subaru Outback Wagon and had to spend the night in the trailer in front of their house. Sunday morning, The seller was able to help me find the wiring adapter I needed to convert my car wiring with a "6 to 4" wiring.
Then, on to customs.
I had called the Blaine Customs office 2 days before and had a good understanding of what was required to import the trailer to the US.
The customs agent that I met with was quite convinced that I was required to have a letter from the trailer manufacture and a DOT/EPA emissions test before I could process the trailer through customs.
After some discussion, he finally called on a supervisor who was able to help him understand the procedure for a 1977 trailer.
1) The trailer was over 25 years old so no DOT/EPA/Manufacturer letters or inspections were required;
2) The trailer is not a vehicle so it produces no "emissions";
3) I was going to use the trailer personally so "no duty" would be charged;
4) The NAFTA trade agreement with Canada required "no duty" be charged.
He went ahead with the paperwork; the trailer was inspected - and after another 1/2 hour or so I finally received a "Form 7501" - needed to take to the state of WA Vehicle Licensing.
I have to take the paperwork (Canadian registration
- signed by Seller; Bill of Sale and Customs form 7501) into WA licensing today - and, hoping I have everything required.
Thanks again for the referral. I think the trailer well work very well for me.
It seems "well made"; the seller stripped the interior and replaced everything but the original furnace
Thanks again for taking the time to let me know about it.