wanted used 17.5-21ft big foot - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot
Hi I am new to this forum and we are looking for a used bigfoot travel trailer. I have read some of the adds on them and the problem seems to be the size of the bed in the 17 foot model. Is this a problem in the 21 ft model?? If anyone knows where we could find a bigfoot please let me know. We are looking in the price range of 20,000$ and we are willing to travel around the west coast to pick it up.
Thanks Jody

Old 12-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #2

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Hi Jody

Welcome to the Forums! So, if I may ask, what do you consider to be a "problem" with the size of the beds in the 17' Bigfoot? I have an '04 center bath model 17' and perhaps I can help answer your questions.

The beds in the 21' with either the front or rear bedroom is a 54"x74" (maybe 76" if you streeeeetttttcccchhhh your measuring tape...).

The 25' rear queen comes with a 76" mattress, but easily accomodates an 80" mattress (we have an 80" in our 25RQ... yes... I have two Bigfoot trailers... I'm a little eccentric... ).

Bernie just sold his '05 175 CB, but it looks like Keith Williams' 21' is still for sale!

Keith Williams' 25B21RB for sale

Roger

Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #3

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Ron Nixon of this group has or had a Bigfoot for sale.
Click here to go to his posting.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
Oregon
Registry
I did have my 2006 25B17.5CB Bigfoot for sale. I sold it last Tuesday to a Seattle (Redmond) buyer. He got a great deal because I didn't "do my homework". I am still "paying for my education" ). I will be ordering the "G" floorplan next week.

My advice: if you are over 5'-10 and want to use the rear bed in a 17.5' CB model Bigfoot, buy the "G" (or Goucho) model, not the CB (Center Bath) model. My '94 CB model had room for my 6' frame but the factory increased the closet width in the newer CB's (a big mistake in my opinion). I want my dinette table up and available all the time and my bed available all the time. The "G" floor plan allows me to do that with a bed that is more than long enough without having to break down the dinette table for a bed at that end.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot
Exclamation

[Thanks for the information. We also want the dinnett up all the time and the bed available. My husband is about 5'9 and i am 5'3 so the bed sounds like it will fit us correct??
Thanks Jody
Old 12-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #6

Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
[Thanks for the information. We also want the dinnett up all the time and the bed available. My husband is about 5'9 and i am 5'3 so the bed sounds like it will fit us correct??
Thanks Jody

Jody, the back bed in the CB model in both the 17 and 175 is about 48"x72". If you and your hubby are close friends, and 48" is wide enough, that would work for you.

The G model in both the 17 and 175 have a 78"x 48" bed (I believe it's 48" wide). The G model in the 17' loses the big fridge from the CB model. I believe that the 175 in the G model retains the larger fridge.

I believe I gave you the dimensions of the beds in the 21' and 25' models.

Since I'm 6'5" tall, I leave my dinette down made into a bed all the time in the 17', and use a small personal folding table on the couch which works better for me. If my wife is along, we seldom eat in the trailer anyway, and use both beds in the 17'.

Our 25' always has the queen available of course, and they come in the choice of dinette or couch with table in the front. I don't find dinettes particularly useful or comfortable (having had several trailers with them), so we opted for the couch in our new 25'.

Roger
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #7

Oregon
Registry
Jody,

I'm not sure if Roger's 2002 17.5' CB is different than the 2006 CB model I had but, in the 2006 models, BOTH models have the same size refrigerator and the rear bed is 39 1/2" to 40" wide, not 48" and the drawer handles stick out far enough that a 6 footer can not fit on the bed. So, to use Roger's words...if "you and your hubby are close friends"...and can fit on a 40" wide bed...you're good to go.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #8

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Jody,

I just measured the bed in our 21 foot BF. It's 54 x 78. I'm 5'10'' and my wife is 5' 1'' and we sleep very comfortably on this bed. We use a 3 inch Viscoelastic topper on it too and that will go with the trailer (FYI)

We sleep on a King size bed at home and I've often wondered why it seems we have so much room in the BF bed. Recently, I figured it out. With the BF bed touching the walls on both sides, there is NO FEAR of falling out of bed as one would have in a free standing standard double bed, therefore you are able to use every inch of the width.

It makes for a real cozy ''nest''.

EKW
Attached Thumbnails
Bedroom_1_sm.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 10:49 AM   #9

Iowa
Quote:
Jody,

I'm not sure if Roger's 2002 17.5' CB is different than the 2006 CB model I had but, in the 2006 models, BOTH models have the same size refrigerator and the rear bed is 39 1/2" to 40" wide, not 48" and the drawer handles stick out far enough that a 6 footer can not fit on the bed. So, to use Roger's words...if "you and your hubby are close friends"...and can fit on a 40" wide bed...you're good to go.

Mine's an '04, the last year of the 15B17CB and is significantly different from the '06 25B175CB. The pre'05 15B17G models and 15B17CB models also have some significant differences among them; chiefly the refrigerator size, bed length and bath placement. The newer 175s have different fresh and waste water tank sizes and placement. The actual shell molding is very different. There were also some options available in the older trailers, like the oven and 3 burner stove that are apparently not offered in the 175. The later 175 models also weigh more than the older 17s.

I haven't measured the rear couch bed in my 15B17CB, so Ron may be correct in that it's only 40" wide when down. I'll get over and try to measure it when I can. Unfortunately it's not stored here at the house right now. I do know that the 6' length for the couch is accurate 'cause it isn't long enough for me.

Roger
Old 12-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #10

Oregon
Registry
I just went out to the local Bigfoot dealer this morning (to look and drool) and measured the 2007 17.5' "G" side bed length and width. It's 42" wide by 78 1/2" long. The front dinette bed is 43" wide by 77" long. I did not measure the Center Bath model beds.

IMHO, you will not be sorry buying a Bigfoot, regardless of the length or year. Just make sure your body will fit where it needs to fit. I'd love to have a 21'er just for the bed but with one person and a Lab, the extra room in the rest of the trailer doesn't make much sense.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #11

Name: Yves
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
Quebec
Quote:
Mine's an '04, the last year of the 15B17CB and is significantly different from the '06 25B175CB. The pre'05 15B17G models and 15B17CB models also have some significant differences among them; chiefly the refrigerator size, bed length and bath placement. The newer 175s have different fresh and waste water tank sizes and placement. The actual shell molding is very different. There were also some options available in the older trailers, like the oven and 3 burner stove that are apparently not offered in the 175. The later 175 models also weigh more than the older 17s.

I haven't measured the rear couch bed in my 15B17CB, so Ron may be correct in that it's only 40" wide when down. I'll get over and try to measure it when I can. Unfortunately it's not stored here at the house right now. I do know that the 6' length for the couch is accurate 'cause it isn't long enough for me.

Roger

Hello guys;

I have an 89 Bigfoot "G". The side goucho bed measures 76'' X 42'', which is perfect for 1 adult. The dinette bed measures 74'' x 42'', ans is also perfect for 1 adult.

In my Bigfoot, I bought a twin bed mattress (74'' X 39''), and I'm using the goucho as a permanent bed. It's far more comfortable with a real mattress, than the thin foam cushions.

Yves.