Wanted used trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

Name: peat
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Michigan
Wanted used trailer

Hi,
My wife and I are looking for a small fiberglass camper for sale. We have looked all summer, without any luck.
If you live in or near Michigan with a trailer for sale, email us please.
Thanks!

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
There is a nice Amerigo up your way in the classified listings and it was commented on as recently as yesterday in the recent discussions.

Of those you may have seen for sale, what held you back from buying????

Old 09-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Have you seen this one?

13' Scamp Lite Weight
Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #4

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Eggcamper
Michigan
2004 Scamp

We have a 2004 Scamp Deluxe that is totally loaded. It's in excellent condition. Stored inside. No smoking or pets. We bought it a year and a half ago. We love it but my husband is 6'4" tall and has decided that he needs something a little taller. We have added a bike rack receiver, a fan so the refrigerator works, an electrical outlet under the upper kitchen cabinet, electric brakes and a larger converter. We are located in Highland, Mi. $10,000. I can provide pictures and a complete list of options if interested.

Tires are new (3)
Old 09-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #5

Name: peat
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Michigan
We have spent a long time deciding what type of trailer we wanted to buy. I own a 2003 toyota sienna. I love the sienna, but it has seen better days. We thought about buying a new Tacoma, so we could pull a mid-size trailer, but new Tacomas are pretty expensive. SO, I think my wife and I have finally agreed to buy a very light weight trailer, that our old sienna can handle. We looked at an old scamp, and liked it, but it needed quite a bit of work. We are kind of picky...but we can't delay too long because we are planning a fall trip to the U.P. and hope to camp. I just hope we can soon find a trailer, that pleases both of us.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #6

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Eggcamper
Michigan
I just talked to my husband. He ask if your Sienna was capable and equipped to tow. All of the specifications and photos are on the Scamp website. The deluxe model is loaded and has all the wood cabinets. It's beautiful! Ours has the bathroom/shower in the front, not the couch. I'm afraid the bed might be a problem if you want a queen and you need to check out the ceiling height too. Please check out the website and if you still want photos or to come and see it then we'll get it out of storage. I know some of the other fiberglass campers have more ceiling height. Let us know what you think. Keep us posted. Thanks! Sheila
Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #7

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
2005 Casita 17ft. Spirit Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
We have spent a long time deciding what type of trailer we wanted to buy. I own a 2003 toyota sienna. I love the sienna, but it has seen better days. We thought about buying a new Tacoma, so we could pull a mid-size trailer, but new Tacomas are pretty expensive. SO, I think my wife and I have finally agreed to buy a very light weight trailer, that our old sienna can handle. We looked at an old scamp, and liked it, but it needed quite a bit of work. We are kind of picky...but we can't delay too long because we are planning a fall trip to the U.P. and hope to camp. I just hope we can soon find a trailer, that pleases both of us.

We have a 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe. It is pretty well loaded. There is pictures and more info in the CLASSIFIED - TRAILERS FOR SALE part of this forum. We are located in western Kentucky. Let us know if you are interested.

Jim
Old 09-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 Scamp Side Dinette 16 ft / 2006 Honda Pilot
I am considerably out of your way, but I thought I would let you know what I have should you feel a trip would be worth it. I have a 2004 Scamp, side dinette, layout 6, toilet and shower, A/C, electric brakes, heater, gas/electric frig, awning, tv antenna and cable,stove and sink, micro-wave, and all the dishes and utensils if you want them. Life changed right after I bought it from a man who used it for two trips. In total it has been used less than twenty times. I am asking $14K. Many pictures available. Will email to you. Can't seem to post them here. If you come to look, you can be our guest(s) on our 30 rural acres on the edge of Berkshires. 413 207-3012 to leave a message.