Wanting a Parkliner trailer. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-07-2015, 08:49 AM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Oh boy Tammy, I am not sure about that. I believe the first batteries were inside the trailer and have been moved outside and as for the tire rubbing issue I think the first trailers were OK and then they changed axles and that is where the problem came in. There are lots of people on this list that know a lot more about this than I do. I'm sure someone can give you a much better answer than I can.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #16

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wanting a Parkliner trailer.

I recall there may have been an issue with the AC install as well- maybe condensation not draining properly??

Some older units have all the bugs worked out; others may not. Since they come on the market so infrequently, I think you'll have to take each one on a case-by-case basis and verify that the issues are resolved.

Meantime, I'd recommend two things. First, get a look at one. You might be able to connect with a Parkliner owner on the forum if you post a request with your location. Then you'll know whether this is worth pursuing. Second, do a Google site search on "Parkliner" and research the issues. I honestly doubt you'll be able to pinpoint exact dates or build numbers that had particular issues, but you'll know what to look for and what questions to ask should one become available.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Deryk a member of this forum in NJ has a Parkliner for sale:

My 2012 Parkliner 003 is up for Sale.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #18

Name: Patrick
Montana
19' Escape is 6'5", the bathroom is a little shorter at 6'. EggCamper (6'7") and Lil' Snoozy (6'4") are both without propane so you might consider that if you're full-timing. I'm 6'5" and change and the height factor was a big consideration for me. Tell your husband to stay away from Casitas
Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #19

Name: Tammy
Trailer: In the market
Missouri
Thanks, Carol. It looks like that post is old however-dates back to May of this year. Wonder if it is still up for sale? I appreciate any leads. Regards.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #20

Missouri
Montana Patrick-Appreciate the information on the trailers. As I mentioned, we are new to this and experience is always appreciated. It's difficult to tell from pictures what will work for us and what won't. Why "stay away from Casitas"? Height restrictions?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #21

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Tammy, While looking, please do check out the EggCamper (made in Michigan). Lots of headroom while standing and plenty of extra head and foot room extending beyond the top and bottom of the standard-size mattress (some have made alterations to fit in a queen mattress). The bathroom/shower stall is elevated a bit, so that might be a bit tight for your tall husband, and you have to watch your head going in and out the side door (but that's pretty much standard with all compact campers). As others mentioned, the current EggCamper offering is all electric, and the minimal wood trim makes the inside very white and bright, but we love it that way - kind of like a blank canvas to color as we want. Check them out.... Dale
Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #22

Name: Patrick
Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimitjc View Post
Montana Patrick-Appreciate the information on the trailers. As I mentioned, we are new to this and experience is always appreciated. It's difficult to tell from pictures what will work for us and what won't. Why "stay away from Casitas"? Height restrictions?
Yes. While they're great trailers, the 5'10" interior height, a tall guy gets really hunchy really quick. Check out fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. Also a good resource. Good luck with the hunt.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #23

Name: robert
Trailer: parkliner
Michigan
parkliner back in business?

was just on the parkliner website out of curiosity (I have one of the last ones) and it says resuming business in Jan 2016 under new management and ownership.
I'd have to agree with the previous comment about concerns of things breaking....everything is from generic RV supply or home depot brand, and even if something broke it wouldn't be worth driving back to the mfg to fix it.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #24

Missouri
Bbard - thanks for the info. That is new news since I visited their site. Regards.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:12 AM   #25

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Pretty easy to post hopeful press releases on the internet, but more difficult to actually produce the Parkliners in quantity, with quality and with efficiency to meet customers demands. I wish "whoever" the best on their new venture. Meanwhile, I'll just wait and see.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:27 AM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I also wish the new owner success. It's a good design that deserves a second chance. Thanks for the information!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #27

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
While we are completely stoked about our upcoming Escape 17B, I do wish that Parkliner had been a valid option for us when we ordered back in July. Because I do love that layout, and NC would be so much closer to us than BC is. So I also wish them luck.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #28

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers - – Take me somewhere fun! ™ Lets see what happens!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner