WLTB: Trillium or Boler 13' Trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-07-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

Name: Em
Trailer: Seeking Trillium
Washington
WLTB: Trillium or Boler 13' Trailer

Hi. We would love to buy a small, lightweight trailer, such as a Trillium or Boler. Ideally from the 1970's with original features including bunk beds. Happy to travel within 500 miles radius of Seattle to collect. Thank you! Emily

Old 04-08-2015, 03:45 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Beachcomber
Saskatchewan
Boler vs. Trillium

I have owned both and my choice would be Trillium. The reason being is that although they are very much the same size, the Trillium seems to be less confined because of the more square shape. I have also found that you normally have a better door fit on the Trillium. Basic condition and working fridge is still a big factor in choice. Dave

Old 04-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Keep your eye open in all the usual places, FGRV-4-Sale, this site, Craigslist, Canadian Kijiji and be ready to move fast, they are usually sold within hours of being listed.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #4

Name: Scot
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Hi Ian: you have a really interesting website (see post #3 above) which has lots of pictures and supplier information that you used for your amazing Boler transformation.

Have you come across Bed-It Butyl Tape? They recommend it for marine applications, but I wonder if it might be useful for our windows applied double thickness and width. ***Buy Bed-It Butyl Tape*** Photo Gallery by Compass Marine How To at pbase.com
Old 04-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot M View Post
Hi Ian: you have a really interesting website (see post #3 above) which has lots of pictures and supplier information that you used for your amazing Boler transformation.

Have you come across Bed-It Butyl Tape? They recommend it for marine applications, but I wonder if it might be useful for our windows applied double thickness and width. ***Buy Bed-It Butyl Tape*** Photo Gallery by Compass Marine How To at pbase.com
Thank you Scot

That butyl tape sounds very good, actually in most cases a single layer at 1/16" should seal but as you say if you double the thickness it would work in all applications, as any excess would "squeeze" out.

Unfortunately most RV shops sell butyl putty and call it butyl tape. The easiest way to tell the better butyl tape from the lesser quality putty is if the release paper is smooth with a shiny silicon type finish it is butyl tape, if the release paper is crinkled like crape paper then it is putty.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, trillium