Would love to get an all electric egg- MI - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #29

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Actually LIL Snoozy offers optional rear and side awnings. Check the website for price.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 10-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #30

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
I did see both, but from what I saw the one isn't really for hanging out, its more only for if it is raining to just keep one person dry while you unlock the door. I will keep an eye open. I do like the couch and the cabinetry......they also said they can work with me for flooring options vs the standard. Just weighing bros and cons and seeing other set ups. Really thinking the uhaul is cute but I see no bathroom, not bad for me, but the kids would be upset So much to search through on this site, LOVE it!

Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #31

Michigan
just wanted to share your ideas

Thanks again for the help and ideas. This past weekend I put them to good use
Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender2.jpg   FullSizeRender3.jpg  

Old 01-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #32

Michigan
I am still looking, not as active since my sticky is away for the winter, but come spring....I'm wanting to see what eggcamper you have for sale
Old 01-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #33

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
There is the Wanted To Sell forum here to watch, also keep an eye on Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

I would do a Wanted To Buy post where you post what you are looking for as a specific set of features.

As someone said earlier do need to be ready to jump quickly if you find one. That generally means cash in hand to purchase and some driving. The sellers generally have enough buyers that there is no incentive for them to wait.

On what you might post as a wanted to buy "want ad" I would come up with a list of "must have" features. Bathroom, Shower, AC, number it sleeps? Weight you can tow or overall size you require or won't go over. Unless you have a strong feeling about brand leave that out. Might include that you would accept or are fine with 100% electric. But since you now know you can easily remove propane issues why limit yourself.

Price range you would consider and how far you are willing to drive. Is Tenn. too far? Or would you drive to Ariz. or Texas to get your egg?

If you have specifics on age or condition include those specifics. Sort of along the lines of "older camper is fine if functional and well maintained" Or "2010 or later model year only". Or "Fixer Upper is fine if good structure".

Good Luck
Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #34

Name: Mark
Trailer: Egg Camper 2012
Western Massachusetts
Eggcamper Info

Hi Crystal,

got your email, but the system would not let met send one back to you. So here's the answers to your questions:

It is a bit wider based on the measurements of my sticky built trailer, but I don't notice anyone using mirror extenders, is it really that wide?

---It's wider than the Scamp and casita and the wider mirrors would help. Last winter we towed it with a Subaru Outback from Massachusetts to Texas, Florida and back without any problem.

What kind of fan came with your year? I have read a lot of maxx fan replacements and wondering if that is standard now.
----Ours is a 2012, I don't think it has a MaxxFan

I am also wondering about the little cubby that is in the wall with the bathroom, what can fit in there?? I didn't see pics of those anywhere holding anything. I think that is it for now. Thanks
----When you are inside, looking at the Bath, the right space (near the entrance door)has a bar for hanging clothes, the spare tire, and maybe a box or 2 down low, and some folks have put shelves in. The left space is smaller. You could put clothes, or a suitcase or bag in there, or supplies. They are both good, usable storage spaces.

GL
Mark
Old 01-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #35

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastsignal View Post
Hi Crystal,

got your email, but the system would not let met send one back to you. So here's the answers to your questions:

It is a bit wider based on the measurements of my sticky built trailer, but I don't notice anyone using mirror extenders, is it really that wide?

---It's wider than the Scamp and casita and the wider mirrors would help. Last winter we towed it with a Subaru Outback from Massachusetts to Texas, Florida and back without any problem.

What kind of fan came with your year? I have read a lot of maxx fan replacements and wondering if that is standard now.
----Ours is a 2012, I don't think it has a MaxxFan

I am also wondering about the little cubby that is in the wall with the bathroom, what can fit in there?? I didn't see pics of those anywhere holding anything. I think that is it for now. Thanks
----When you are inside, looking at the Bath, the right space (near the entrance door)has a bar for hanging clothes, the spare tire, and maybe a box or 2 down low, and some folks have put shelves in. The left space is smaller. You could put clothes, or a suitcase or bag in there, or supplies. They are both good, usable storage spaces.

GL
Mark
Thanks so much!! I didn't see this post and I just posted another question asking about the door to the left of bath. I have found that both scamp and escape will do all electric, but doubt I could find those used, so I'd be on a production list. Still looking at the used egg option this spring. Thanks again for your help

I really do want to stay close to home for purchase. I am hoping that since it's made in MI one will pop up around here sooner or later
Old 08-03-2016, 08:32 AM   #36

Michigan
I guess I should bump this just in case I sell my sticky so I stay at the top of the list
Old 08-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #37

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Here's food for thought 4x4.

Not sure why you must have to "find" one already ALL electric. I made my '13 Scamp that's loaded all electric- VERY easily. I did remove the gas burner stove top from the counter and capped the gas line in case I sell it I can put it back VERY easily (more resaleable in my opinion). I added a "HottRod" to my 6 gal water heater then removed my propane tank.

The HottRod- if you want to keep it simple- many people just run a drop cord to the pedestal and plug it in a 15-20A circuit (like your standard wall plugs). You're going to have to plug your ac power cord in anyway. For cooking, we went to a Fred's and bought a $9.99 hot plate (looks just like a stove's 'eye'), and added a small Wally World Rival toaster oven and we do ALL the cooking we need. Of course we have our small coffee maker as well.

I've EASILY stayed off the grid using my gen which makes my Scamp perform just like it's on "shore power". Below is a couple of links of the photos of the two mods I just mentioned. You can ignore my mods for my HottRod as I wanted it a little fancier and accessible from inside..and of course I added a thermometer but it tracks my fridge too. One note...you cant run the A/C/heater, Toaster oven, coffee maker, refridge, and hotplate ALL off one 3500 watt (I have a Champion) generator! It will bring it to its knees.

Stove removal:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/503516...57652349079760

HottRod add' to my Atwood WH.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/503516...57648895548394

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LDY View Post
I guess I should bump this just in case I sell my sticky so I stay at the top of the list
Old 08-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #38

Michigan
I just got the converter for my sticky, but I just don't want to mess with it. I know myself, I have good intensions, but no time. I would rather spend the little time I have free camping with the kids vs doing mods. If I wasn't working F/T and kids in very active sports I'd be all for it. I know my limitations. Also if all electric already, more than likely it'll be newer and won't have the rat fur on walls or ceiling Meanwhile I'm making my sticky much like yours, capping stuff off and using shore power since it's paid for
Old 08-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #39

Tennessee
If Scamp has quit using "rat fur", I'm TOTALLY unaware of it. I'd personally rather have it than the carpet or ensolite. But some companies dont give you a choice. That's one reason why I chose the Scamp over Casita, the wife just didnt want "carpet" on the walls.

Quote:
I just got the converter for my sticky, but I just don't want to mess with it. I know myself, I have good intensions, but no time. I would rather spend the little time I have free camping with the kids vs doing mods. If I wasn't working F/T and kids in very active sports I'd be all for it. I know my limitations. Also if all electric already, more than likely it'll be newer and won't have the rat fur on walls or ceiling Meanwhile I'm making my sticky much like yours, capping stuff off and using shore power since it's paid for
Old 08-04-2016, 05:55 AM   #40

Michigan
I think if I was a full time camper and travelled the coutry, I would want the extra insulation for sure but would still want the clean slate like the ollies, but since time and money are a factor I would rather have the eggcamper. I have bad allergies and my plan is to redo the floors right away also and get rid of all carpetting. Most of my home is also laminate flooring. I love the idea of wiping everthing down especially with kids and marshmallow fingers.....could you imagine sticky marshmallows on the carpet walls....but I know if I had it on the walls the kids would touch it, but since I don't plan on it they'll behave I am not worried about year long travels and will store indoor during the winter. October was pretty cold the past couple years at night and caused condensation in my sticky, which doesn't go well with those walls at all. To be quite honest, if it wasn't for the kids I'd be pretty happy in a tent, it would be way cheaper to store and also way cheaper to own, but since that can't be I want to have the fiberglass vs sticky....just wished I knew these existed (eggcamper) before I bought. My friends have the 13' scamp and I don't know how a family of 4 fit in there when their youngest who is 3rd grade is as tall as I am and the rest including mom are all around 6ft! I think this year will be a tight year or the boys will be tenting it while the parents sleep in the camper. At some point I assume my kids will want to do the same, one tent for girls, one tent for boys and then mom and dad (if I can twist his arm to come). Thanks for listening to my drama, I'm just stuborn and want what I want. I am still worried about Jim since no production date has been set yet for 2016. I do hope he is ok, not just for my camper needs, but for his well being.....he seems like such a nice guy when I have talked to him.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #41

Tennessee
I'm probably known for my "too strong" opinions sometimes but so be it.

As far as "marsh mellows"... there's something alot of people do not realize about the "rat fur" on our Scamp trailers.... it's not a wimpy covering- it's MARINE upholstery! You can find it online. (Shhhh...dont tell the wife, but it's basically indoor/outdoor carpeting ) My point is, it's very durable and can easily be cleaned. Altough, I'd hate to clean marshmellows...sorry kids...outside with the messy stuff!

I realize you want an "Eggcamper". I would just have to say I would NOT wait around on Egg Camper unless it comes under new ownership. The ride with them the past couple of years has been on very shaky ground and I wouldnt be comfortable placing an order of any kind with them until they've been open for a year or so- IF they ever resume production. That's just my $.02. There's just TOO many other good FG RV's available out there to sweat it over this one.

One other thing...IF you have a new one built, demand "linoleum" over carpet. SURELY who ever you order it from would/will do that. I know Scamp did and we got the linoleum. I've camped since I was a young boy and we do NOT want carpet in an RV!! IF we were camping in cold weather and I wanted more floor insulation quickly...like to walk on, I'd simply get a piece of carpet "remnant" and cut/trim it nicely to lay there. Then I could just pick it up like a "throw" rug and toss it out anytime with my linoleum laying silently underneath ready to go!

Quote:
I think if I was a full time camper and travelled the coutry, I would want the extra insulation for sure but would still want the clean slate like the ollies, but since time and money are a factor I would rather have the eggcamper. I have bad allergies and my plan is to redo the floors right away also and get rid of all carpetting. Most of my home is also laminate flooring. I love the idea of wiping everthing down especially with kids and marshmallow fingers.....could you imagine sticky marshmallows on the carpet walls....but I know if I had it on the walls the kids would touch it, but since I don't plan on it they'll behave I am not worried about year long travels and will store indoor during the winter. October was pretty cold the past couple years at night and caused condensation in my sticky, which doesn't go well with those walls at all. To be quite honest, if it wasn't for the kids I'd be pretty happy in a tent, it would be way cheaper to store and also way cheaper to own, but since that can't be I want to have the fiberglass vs sticky....just wished I knew these existed (eggcamper) before I bought. My friends have the 13' scamp and I don't know how a family of 4 fit in there when their youngest who is 3rd grade is as tall as I am and the rest including mom are all around 6ft! I think this year will be a tight year or the boys will be tenting it while the parents sleep in the camper. At some point I assume my kids will want to do the same, one tent for girls, one tent for boys and then mom and dad (if I can twist his arm to come). Thanks for listening to my drama, I'm just stuborn and want what I want. I am still worried about Jim since no production date has been set yet for 2016. I do hope he is ok, not just for my camper needs, but for his well being.....he seems like such a nice guy when I have talked to him.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:08 AM   #42

Michigan
I totally agree with all you are saying. At this time I am planning on buying used to save a significant amount of money. Scamp and Escape will do all electric as well, but they both said they would rather not. I know if I got an eggcamper they are known for that and if people were looking for one they would know what they were getting. I think owning a scamp and having it all electric might turn some away that would be looking for one with LP gas. I have my eye on one in MI and hoping this year I can sell the "sticky" without a huge loss and then get this one. Really nice guy, but I also worry he might decide to keep when I'm finally ready. I guess I am a believer in the "if it's meant to be, it'll happen" philosophy.
I think I am also sold on the clean slate. I scrapbook and I love starting with blank slates and creating an eye appealing canvas that I can make my own. Growing up my dad always had boats and I remember being on the river seeing how each person had custom names and colors, it was all very cool and interesting. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say most camp grounds are a see of brown and tan campers with maybe a few gray.....I was originally looking at the shasta reissue, but I wasn't that impressed with the interior quality even though I watched video after video. I was impressed with the egg campers and all those that have made them very personal. I have cupboard knobs already saved in a list on Amazon and I'm going to stick with my red decor that my sticky has. I even bought a red chicken timer for the day this happen....got to have a chicken for when I get my egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
I'm probably known for my "too strong" opinions sometimes but so be it.

As far as "marsh mellows"... there's something alot of people do not realize about the "rat fur" on our Scamp trailers.... it's not a wimpy covering- it's MARINE upholstery! You can find it online. (Shhhh...dont tell the wife, but it's basically indoor/outdoor carpeting ) My point is, it's very durable and can easily be cleaned. Altough, I'd hate to clean marshmellows...sorry kids...outside with the messy stuff!

I realize you want an "Eggcamper". I would just have to say I would NOT wait around on Egg Camper unless it comes under new ownership. The ride with them the past couple of years has been on very shaky ground and I wouldnt be comfortable placing an order of any kind with them until they've been open for a year or so- IF they ever resume production. That's just my $.02. There's just TOO many other good FG RV's available out there to sweat it over this one.

One other thing...IF you have a new one built, demand "linoleum" over carpet. SURELY who ever you order it from would/will do that. I know Scamp did and we got the linoleum. I've camped since I was a young boy and we do NOT want carpet in an RV!! IF we were camping in cold weather and I wanted more floor insulation quickly...like to walk on, I'd simply get a piece of carpet "remnant" and cut/trim it nicely to lay there. Then I could just pick it up like a "throw" rug and toss it out anytime with my linoleum laying silently underneath ready to go!