WTB- 13 foot travel trailer w/ options - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #1

Name: parts
Trailer: In the market
California
WTB- 13 foot travel trailer w/ options

hello, i am looking for a 13 foot travel trailer. i am looking for something like the scamp, burro, bigfoot or the like. there are a few options that i would like the rv to include:

wet toilet/shower
roof mounted ac
fridge
stove, sink
heater
city water/power hookup

i live in california and i can pay a fair price.

thank you,

pb

Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #2

Name: Rick
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
You should look for a 16-17 ft trailer if you need a toilet and shower. These are generally not available on the 13ft models other than the owner modified units, and these would be very cramped.

Rick.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
As Rick mentioned, a bath w/shower is seldom seen in a 13' and, when it is, it is somewhat like living in a sardine can 98% of the time to be able to have a bathroom 2% of the time. We sold our 13' Scamp w/bath and bought a 13' Bigfoot without bath for that very reason.

AND.... in CA, especially in the summer, there are no "Fair" prices for FGRV's, expect to pay and arm & a leg and maybe even your first born son.....to get a decent rig.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
If a bathroom is a must a newer Scamp or Casita is what you should focus on. Most of the older 13's are bathroom less! As others have mentioned you may want to see one if haven't already as with the bathroom they are quite small inside.
Here's a newer one but it's pricey
http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/cla...0In%20Colorado
Old 08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

California
thanks for the info everyone. i have an old 4 cyl pickup so i am trying to keep weight down. i do like and might have to go with a 15 foot trailer like a trillium. any bigger than 15 and i believe it'll be too heavy for my old pickup. my truck is 2900lbs and my max vehicle weight is 5000lbs so i only have 2000lbs or so to work with.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #6

California
can't tow a 15foot so im back with looking for a 13foot. i wish i can edit my post because i wanted to change a few things.

interested in an older TRILLIUM 1300 with toilet. but i will consider any 13 foot with a toilet/shower.

NO rooftop AC
Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Keep your eyes on Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. As others have mentioned a 13' with a bath are available but not as many around as without.

There is currently a 13' Scamp Front Bath for sale in reno.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #8

California
If you can do some of your own work, a Hunter Compact-II MIGHT be an answer. Some had a regular bathroom and you can add a hot water system and an outside shower panel with a shower tent. We used the outside shower panel & tent idea with both our 13' Scamp and 13' Bigfoot. Here is what a Hunter Compact-II w/bathroom looks like:

advocateone's Library | Photobucket

Keep in mind that having a bathroom is no guarantee that there is also a shower. And... adding the shower panels, floor pan, pump, hot water heater & plumbing etc to get a shower in a SCAMP is a ton of work and $$$$$

We have also used a lp gas powered ZODI camp shower and shower tent in lieu of having a shower in an RV.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Keep your eyes on Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. As others have mentioned a 13' with a bath are available but not as many around as without.

There is currently a 13' Scamp Front Bath for sale in reno.

I think that's in REMO. VA, a bit distant for someone in CA. But it doesn't have a shower or even hot water for that matter.....
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #10

California
yep, been checking out fiberglass 4 sale pretty much everyday for a while now. i missed out on a trillium 1300 with front bunk in CA. i passed on it because of the front bunk.

i will be living in this trailer full time which is why i need a toilet. i was thinking of having a tote, curtain, and using sink faucet for a shower which i will have to do in an older trillium. the older trillium 1300 is pretty much what i really want. older trillum 1300 with front washroom, very rare, would be perfect for me. i really don't want to settle for something else but i might have to.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #11

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I think that's in REMO. VA, a bit distant for someone in CA. But it doesn't have a shower or even hot water for that matter.....
LOL Bob your right on both counts!!! Quick reading will get you every time... I thought that by the fact it was listed as a 13" Scamp FB it was the front Bath model but it as you say is a standard.... wonder what the FB stands for.... hummm
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Its not mine, but heres one in BC Canada for sale Ultra Ultra light fiberglass Trillium Trailer-only 1000 pounds - Alberta Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada. ...they have been trying to sell it for awhile now so you might get it cheaper.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #13

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmella l View Post
Its not mine, but heres one in BC Canada for sale Ultra Ultra light fiberglass Trillium Trailer-only 1000 pounds - Alberta Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada. ...they have been trying to sell it for awhile now so you might get it cheaper.
It is listed in Grande Prairie, Alberta.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote