Wtb 13' trailer (scamp, boler, burro) CA - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #1

Name: Al
Trailer: In the market
California
Wtb 13' trailer (scamp, boler, burro) CA

Hi,
My wife and I are shopping around for a 13' trailer. I've seen a few in the last few weeks that sold in our price range. Our budget is $3,000 -$4,000 and would like it to be in safe towing condition. We don't mind starting a new project of remodeling the interior. The kitchen is not important as we will be removing it. We will be towing it with a 2013 Honda Pilot. Willing to travel to pick it up, but will need a detailed description of condition and many pictures.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #2

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Since you don't want the inside kitchen I would suggest that you look at "tear drop" type of trailer.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Since you don't want the inside kitchen I would suggest that you look at "tear drop" type of trailer.
Thanks for the suggestion Byron. My wife is in love with scampi and boler style trailer.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #4

Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
Sent you a PM. Check your messages.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Welcome to the group and to the world of FGRV's

Gotta mention that you are setting up a couple of opposing criteria, budget and condition that may reduce the number of 13'er's available to you.

Right now is peak buying season for these birds and finding a decent one in that price range in California is going to be a tough one.

Keep in mind that "After Purchase" expenses usually have to be anticipated, ranging from new tires to, in the case of many older Scamp types, a new torsion axle. The good news it that it sounds like you are open to buying a "fixer" and that will make it easier to find, but "safe towing ready" may take some initial investment.

I suggest that you follow the many ads on <<<fiberglass-rv-4sale.com>>> and also click on the "Other makes" menu for less common names and alternatives. Right now there are a couple of Hunter Compacts listed in your price range. (If you see the one in Clear Lake relisted, it has significant problems and was way overpriced when the ad was taken down recently)

Good luck and good hunting

BTW: where in CA are you located????
Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #6

California
You didn't reply with your location, but here is a Perris Pacer in SoCal that looks like it could fit you budget and needs.
1981 Perris Pacer fiberglass travel trailer | Orange County, CA | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Old 06-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #7

California
Hi Bob, thank you for both responses. That 81 perris was the first I called and it was already sold. I actually found a scamp today and we pick it up on Friday.

I'm located in West Covina.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #8

California
Looks like you beat the odds at a quick buy in California.
Be sure to check the tire age dates on your new one. With our occasional sunny days, tires deteriorate rapidly, especially when they are not used for a long period.

BTW: Ya gotta love it when sellers don't take their craigslist ads down after selling.....

Good Luck
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #9

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
I purchased that 81 Perris Pacer on 6/14, I guess the PO didn't remove the listing. I hope this helps.

Tags
boler, burro, scamp