WTB: Fiberglass Trailer w/A/C NC Mtns or nearby - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Name: bill
Trailer: 1996 Casita LD
North Carolina
WTB: Fiberglass Trailer w/A/C NC Mtns or nearby

I've been looking for a while for a fiberglass trailer. Something in great condition, with air conditioning (a must have from my wife).

Condition is everything. Not looking for a project.

I've got plenty of tow vehicle (2010 F150 with a V-8 and towing package) so weight is not an issue.

High lift axle is a plus!

We live near Asheville, NC, would rather it be closer, BUT, we are willing to travel for the right camper. We are planning a trip to IL in early October, so anything along the way could work.

From what I have been learning so far, probably a 16ft or 17ft is what we want. Also want something that can work on 12V, propane, or shore power.

90% of the C/L ads are scammers, so I am trying it here.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
First, I have bought at least 3 FGRV's off of Craigslist without any problems (except for 1 flakey seller who sold out from under me) and just two days ago I looked at a very nice 17' Bigfoot here in WA that was a good (but not a great) buy. While I have seen a few scams posted, I just ignore them and look for the valid listings. So it is a viable source, but one has to be careful.

Now you have told us almost everything you want, what is your approximate budget.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #3
North Carolina
Budget depends on year/size/model. $8K to $12K. Once you get to the larger, modern F/G trailers, that seems to be the going rate.

I haven't given up on C/L. Seems like the scammers are attracted to Airstream trailers, Scamp, and Casita. Most of them are pretty obvious and the C/L "police" tend to flag them pretty quickly.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
North Carolina
Well, that did not take long. Right after I posted this WTB ad, a Casita popped up for sale locally. I grabbed it this morning.