WTB - used EggCamper - Cincinnati OH area - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 PM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
WTB - used EggCamper - Cincinnati OH area

WTB - used EggCamper brand - Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky area

I know its a long shot - but what the heck......

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #2

Name: Anne and Rob
Trailer: Shopping for our Egg
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWScarab View Post
WTB - used EggCamper brand - Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky area

I know its a long shot - but what the heck......

Thanks!

LOL, I'm down in Florida looking for the same longshot on an EggCamper! We NEVER see one down here!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #3

I have a 2012 egg camper and I have enjoyed but am willing to give up for market value and will deliver
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
With so few Eggcampers on the market, what's "Market Value"
If that means NADA book, Grab it.....
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I believe a member here RGRUGG may have a EggCamper for sale soon, he was interested in an Escape. See here Escape 19 wanted he is in Michigan.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #6

Ohio
KVN, if you can PM me your contact info, I would be glad to call you and talk about it! I would definitly not need delivery tho, but would love to come look at it first then pull home. Thanks!

cpa - Thanks for the tip - I'll pm rgrugg. Thanks!!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #7

Ohio
Hi guys/gals,

After serious consideration and talks with the mrz. I think we are going to pass on the campers. Although they both seem nice, we just feel we may decide to go new at this point. We were kinda hoping to find an older one, way older, maybe first year or two - that way maybe we could take advantage of some depreciation. But when the new are a 2-4k over used, at that point we would go new. Im learning there may not be a such thing as serious depreciation.....lol.

Thanks for the information guys.

Thanks again! Joe
Old 04-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #8

California
BUT WAIT.......

In buying a used rig in the early spring you get to find out if you really like the FGRV life style and, even if you don't, you can often sell for more than you paid for it in the middle of the summer. Plus there are often loooong waits for new units and you usually have to go to the factory for delivery or pay a substantial shipping cost.

FWIW: I always suggest buying a used rig for your first towable experience. In most cases the newbie discovers lots of things that they want to be a bit different in their next rig, everything from appliances, to floor plans to size.

In the three FGRV's that we have owned in the past several years we sold all three of them for as much or more than we had in them.....

Selling a ready-to-go FGRV in August is like shooting fish in a barrel, you can pick your buyer.....
Old 04-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #9

Ohio
I think you are right Bob! And another thing - my wife (rightfully so) is thinking we need to lower our entry price a LOT. Its our first camper (we have shore camped on lakes for 6 days at a time off a pontoon) but we are not new to camping.

So now I'm rethinking. Maybe forget about the headroom, look for a real nice deal on an older Casita 17 or something. I just missed out on a 1998 Casita 17 in northern Indiana for $4700 - YIKES. Looked nice, guy had a buyer standing there when I called him.

Anyway, we like good deals - search a long time and them JUMP when the right one comes. We buy our cars depreciated too. We will keep looking and slowly! We r not in a hurry. Heck, for the last 2 years we have been camping out of the back of our Tahoe with an air mattress.....lol. Something will happen....
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #10

California
That particular Casita was mentioned here and at that price many suspected it might be a scam. You better not hold out for another one like that.

If you want to shop in that price range, the word "Older" will usually appear, but remember, even those sales prices wil/are going up as we speak.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #11

Ohio
I agree that one being way too cheap was highly unusual. But I did talk to the guy, his phone number was posted. He said he had a guy there buying it and would call me back if the guy didn't buy it. No phone call back, and now the craigslist ad is pulled. Its hard to say, but I wont lay out a dollar without seeing one in person first. Thanks guys!

Tags
eggcamper