Wanted: 1977 Scamp Parts - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Name: jenifer
Trailer: 13' scamp
1977 Scamp Parts

We have recently bought a 1977 Scamp in which was damaged during a tornado. Lots of fiberglass work to be done and will be needing all new windows. Looking forward to working on it with the weather becoming warmer and getting ready for a summer of camping. Let me know what parts you have available. We need a lot!

rhodenfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Scamp sells pretty well everything you will need.... they have not changed much on their trailers, with the exception of the windows. The old ones are hard to find. So if you can salvage the old window frames and just have new glass put in you may save yourself a lot of money and work.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Name: Eddie
Trailer: Casita Indy.
Welcome. I had a tornado take out two Scamps in my back yard a few years back. One was a 77 S-13. The front window on mine was the curved rubber gasket window. Replace it with 3/16" plexi-glass, just cut to fit and get your gasket from Scamp. My back window had an aluminum frame with three sections. These windows are impossible to find. My plan is to remove the frame and use plexi-glass and a rubber seal like the front window. That is how they mounted the rear window in later years. The square corner side windows are also next to impossible to find. Since you are doing a lot of glass work. Glass in the corners and use the radius windows from Scamp.
Good luck
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote