Wanted: '74 Boler Door Latch - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #1

Name: Kiefer
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Alberta
'74 Boler Door Latch

Looking for an "L-Handle" for my '74 Boler.
Have the inside doorlatch, but have been using a screw driver to open it from the outside.

Found a few online, but everywhere appears to be out of stock.

Also looking for a window gravel guard if anyone has one.

Let me know if you might be able to help me out!

Old 06-21-2017, 07:32 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I found an L-handle (slightly different style) at Ace Hardware. I found one for a few dollars more that was identical to the original at a local RV store. They put it in a vice and cut off the shaft to the right length for free, too.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #3

Name: jOHN
Trailer: bouler
Wisconsin
when I replaced the latch on my 1974 boler I looked on line and found a latch for a semi truck from a truck parts supply that was a look alike and worked great. If I can find the parts site I will post it. it may have been easternmarine.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1974 13 ft
Florida
You might try this site. The exterior handle on my door ('74 Boler 1300) matches the locking L handle exactly...
Vintage Trailer Supply - parts and supplies for vintage travel trailers and campers!
The interior handle I am looking for matches the screen door handle to a Shasta trailer.
Here's an idea, if you find a complete assembly, I'll take the interior handle and if I find one you can have the external handle. Best of luck.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #5

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Most of the outside door handles are GARAGE door handles, truly... just shortened square shafts that you can take care of with a hack saw. Check out your local big box hardware store. I replaced the outside handle on my Scamp years ago when the lock spun inside the lock... cost me a whole lot less at Lowes for a replacement than an "RV parts place."
Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It's worth checking, Donna. The one I found at the RV parts store was only a buck or two more, looked a lot nicer (contoured instead of flat), and they cut the shaft for free. As you often say, YMMV.

Since, like yours, mine failed suddenly and without warning (the day before we were scheduled to depart on our very first trip in the Scamp), it's nice to know any hardware store garage door handle will work, even a T-handle in a pinch if that's all you can find.

Tags
boler