For Sale: Anyone want a complete Scamp bathroom? - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp 16'
New Jersey
Anyone want a complete Scamp bathroom?

Hey all,
New to Scamps and new to the board! I am renovating a 83 Scamp to take on a cross country honeymoon with my (soon to be!) wife next June.

In the process of renovating, we decided the bathroom was taking up more space and weight than necessary- in all my past long trips, rest stops and campground bathrooms were more than sufficient. Problem is, I have a complete, in decent shape bathroom that needs a new home. It includes the following:

Bath fiberglass enclosure
Fiberglass shower pan
Toilet with tank
Shower assembly
Shower door (needs replacement, but useful as a template)
If wanted, I'll even throw in the leaky small crankout window

All parts are in good, however as-is/as-found condition from a 1983 Scamp. I am unsure if it operates properly, as I never tested the system myself, but it seems very simple to fix if not.

The parts are located in Northern NJ, and as you can imagine, shipping is impossible due to size. After seeing the price of just the toilet, I think $300 would be fair for the whole unit. Thanks!

nj83scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well this is unique! It's usually the other way around. People are looking to install a bathroom in a trailer without one. I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading your post. I would never pull a bathroom out of a trailer that has one! But to each their own!

And because I agree with you that shipping would be a challenge and I am thinking NJ isn't the rv capitol of the world, finding a buyer might be a challenge as well. Figure storing a complete bathroom till a buyer comes along might be a challenge, so I have a suggetion that might help you out. Try finding a RV repair shop that buys used parts. Scrap yards might also buy it.

Another suggestion would be to check out some of the rv groups on FB. And post your ad. FB camping groups will get the word out as well.

There is a Boler, Casita, Scamp etc groups........... There are a bunch of camping related FB groups, just type rv, camping, any brand such as scamp and FB will suggest groups. You might even try finding a NJ camping group as well. You never know!

Congrat's on your wedding, enjoy your honeymoon!

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Name: Steve
Trailer: Trillium 4500, Scamp 5th Wheel
Las Vegas, Nv.
Wow! I'd keep it on hand until you sell your trailer. $300 is a small pitence compared to the drop in value your rig is going to have when you take it out. If you save it you can always include it if/when you sell the Scamp in the future.
PS LOL! you might want to ask your future bride what SHE thinks about not having a bathroom! I never thought a bathroom was necessary until I started bringing women along on my trips!
Good luck!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
I'm over in Michigan but interested in a price on the toilet and tank. I'm inferring that this is the 8 gallon onboard which sits beneath the stool. Can discuss pick up or shipping too. Thanx
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Dan, I was just in a 16footer that didn't have a bathroom, and I loved it!! It felt so spacious. If I was to buy a 16ft Scamp, that would be the one.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
I don't know about space use in what I see as a "Gigantic" 16' Scamp, but in a 13' Scamp we found that a bathroom just used up to much valuable space. But, rather than tearing it out, we sold the Scamp and bought a 13' Bigfoot and now rejoice in all the interior space we gained.

Bottom Line: A bathroom is used less than 5% of the time, but it uses up space 100% of the time. And using a Fiamma Bi-Pot 34 makes emptying the tank a whole lot easier. If you have ever had to hook up and move your trailer just to get it to a dump station you know what a pita that can be..... But, to each their own.
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
New Jersey
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your input! I know it's crazy, but between my fiance and I, we have logged many many nights camping in tents and cars going out west and down south. The idea of even having a camper, much less a bathroom, is a luxury! We would so rarely use it, plus it's such a large part of the camper, that I can't see keeping it.

To remedy the obvious lack of shower/bath facilities, I will still carry a porta-potty for those emergency times, and I actually picked up a very cool "auxiliary shower" that mounts outside the scamp so you can take an outdoor shower. Not ideal for campgrounds, but out in the boondocks it'll serve just fine.

By the way, I have since removed the shower enclosure- I can't believe how much larger it feels inside the scamp!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
New Jersey
Originally Posted by dbob View Post
I'm over in Michigan but interested in a price on the toilet and tank. I'm inferring that this is the 8 gallon onboard which sits beneath the stool. Can discuss pick up or shipping too. Thanx
Hi there,
If you're still interested, send me a PM- we can discuss the specifics. Thanks!