Wanted: Awning for 2011 scamp 13' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
Originally Posted by gage View Post
I went on ebay and typed in 'fiberglass tent polls'. Was sure to get some long enough and then trimmed them as needed.
Thanks Gage. Size issue is what I was wondering about. Good to know they can be trimed.

Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
Shady Boy Pictures

Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
I'd like to see pictures please.
My apologies for the delay... we took some time to go camping 8^>, then were painting the top of the Boler. So here at last are pictures. Well, one of them sideways, but I think you can figure it out. The closeup of the bracket at the end of the awning case shows one fiberglass pole in place and the hole for the pole that runs parallel to the side of the camper.

In the roll-up picture, the gray bags on the ends of the poles contain foam and lines for tiedown (supplied) -- helps reduce potential fabric wear. We did buy the poles which attach to the outer corners with a snap. You really will need poles and some method of tying the awning down, if you keep the awning up for long. It will sail and dip pretty significantly in a breeze. (We travel with the poles under the front bench seat.)

We thought the gap between the awning and camper would be a problem and considered adding a short gutter clipped to the Shady Boy using the existing awning rail. We've yet to do that.

It's easy to set up and take down -- easier with 2, but doable with 1.
Attached Thumbnails
brackets.jpg   cover open.jpg  

unrolled and poles removed.jpg   corner rod support.jpg  

awning open.jpg   rolling up the awning with poles inside.jpg  

neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #17
Name: Brenda
Trailer: Scamp
Originally Posted by _Scamp87_ View Post
Kelty Tailgater IPA Shelter - Free Shipping at REI.com

I like the price of this one. When i look at the specs for height it says 'it varies'...sheesh.
I like this one too! At the very least i know it fits my car as its the model shown in the pic!
BrendaLeeFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #18
Name: Brenda
Trailer: Scamp
Originally Posted by gage View Post
Ive had Marti make three awnings for me. My latest is a 7 x 7 for my 13 Burro. She is also putting small pockets in the corners so I can run fiberglass polls diagonally from corner to corner which creates a dome affect to the awning and prevents any water from pooling on the awning. Its an idea that a friend of mine came up with and it works. Marti does quality work at a reasonable price.

That's beautiful. What's the install like for those of us without a chanel or existingawning!?

BrendaLeeFree is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, scamp