Wanted: Bigfoot parts and accessories (1988) - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-27-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
Name: Eve
Trailer: 1988 13.5' Bigfoot
Bigfoot parts and accessories (1988)

Hi Everyone,
I am the proud new owner of a 1988 13.5' Bigfoot that it in need of some major tlc. If you have any advice where I can find parts and accessories, I would appreciate it.

I am currently looking for :
Front window cover
Lower right rear taillight cover
Sink - stainless
Counter top - recommendations for type of material would be appreciated.
2 burner propane stove - stainless
Range hood - stainless
Vent cover - can the old one be removed and a new 14" installed?
Front window assembly - unless I can figure out how to fix the leak
Dining table - also need the pole and base

Any pictures of your restored Bigfoot interior would be very much appreciated.

Rogue Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Name: Val
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Hi Eve,

Congratulations on your new BF! I can't speak to all the items listed, but can suggest:

For items that may be specific to your model and make (front window cover), check online forums (like those here) under Parts Wanted / For Sale and RV salvage places: Arizona RV Salvage and Surplus - used RV parts in Arizona

Amazon has a lot of parts and supplies - including taillights - but I do also shop around for best prices and quality.

When I went from a double to single basic sink, I bought a replacement sink through: RV Sinks Stainless Sinks For RVs, Motorhome Sink, Trailer Sink, Camper Sink, Round Stainless Sink, Oval Stainless Sink, RV Sink, Double Bowl RV Sink, Double Bowl Stainless Sink

I purchased a high-quality laminate from Home Depot to resurface all my countertops. It was not expensive, but I did hire a handyman to install it. He basically cut the pieces to size, roughed up the old countertops for better traction, and glued down the new laminate using a laminate adhesive and clamps. You can find my posts of the interior mods by clicking on my user name and "statistics."

Happy Trails!

V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Most of the appliances in RVs, including Bigfoots, are standardized to some degree. I did a mechanical restoration on a 1989 Bigfoot and found plenty of new components that fit the original locations. Take measurements (such as the size of the range in L x W x H) and go find one that you like that fits that footprint and it will likely fit just fine. Same with the fridge, water heater, range hood, sink, faucet, toilet, etc. All these items conform to standard sizes.

The counter top will have to be custom made. Whatever material you use, the weight should be considered. I'm not familiar with the interior layout of the 13-footers, but most 17-foot early Bigfoots sit lower on the left side as is. Adding more weight there could make this condition worse. Just be mindful of the weight when selecting the material.

There are lots of posts in this forum about resealing windows. It's not uncommon to have to do this on older trailers, and on the Bigfoot it is a fairly simple process.

As far as the tail light covers, if you have the original Miro-Flex tail lights, I have a pair of lenses for sale in this post: Miro-Flex replacement tail light lens set

Hope this helps.
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Welcome to the forum. I'll try to help with some suggestions.

Most roof vents are 14" and parts and covers are readily available on Amazon and Etrailer. There are many styles so be careful to order the correct one. I got the wrong one The first time and had to reorder. In fact if it turns out that you need a Camco brand#40147 (fits Jensen pre 94) I have a new one that did not work for me and I'll make you a terrific deal on it.

The window cover is another thing. If you are referring to the fiberglass cover for the front window, finding an original one would be nearly impossible. You could make or have made a fiberglass cover but that solution would be complicated and require some experience in fiberglass work. It would be expensive if you had to hire some fiberglass shop to do the job. If I was faced with this situation I would look into a canvas cover made from sunbrella. A marine canvas or awning shop or shop that does automobile convertible tops would be where I would start looking. I think a snap on cover of 2 layers of canvas with a thin piece of closed cell foam would work well and look good.

Best of luck with your projects.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote