Wanted: Bunk bed and poles for Scamp 13 foot camper - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Missouri
Bunk bed and poles for Scamp 13 foot camper

Hello!

I'm a new user to the forum, and I just bought a 2005 Scamp 13', but it is missing the bunk bed (upper part) and the bunk bed poles. Does anyone have some that they don't use and would be willing to sell? I have a little 4 year old girl that would be very grateful!

I'm in Springfield, MO, but shipping is always an option.

Thanks!
Tim

Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #2

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
If all else fails call Scamp. 800-346-4962

Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
....chrome plated clothes closet rods OR wooden doweling of appropriate size will work as well and a LOT chwaper too. Either can also be easily cut to correct length too....
Old 10-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
....chrome plated clothes closet rods OR wooden doweling of appropriate size will work as well and a LOT chwaper too. Either can also be easily cut to correct length too....
Scamp actually welds a loop on the poles so the poles extend almost to the top of the mattress. The loops do the supporting and go over a screw head to keep them from slipping off.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #5

Name: matt
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp
Texas
Same problem

Hi Folks,

I'm having the same problem with installing a bunk in a '95 16' scamp. I purchased the poles from Scamp (parts store under hardware). Since I have never seen a bunk installed, I was wondering what the loop on the pole was for. I am glad to hear from Byron that the loop goes over a screw in the bunk platform. If someone has the time, it would be really helpful to me to see a picture of how this looks installed (e.g. a photo of the screw holding the loop).

Thanks,

Matt
Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #6

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by msolson View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm having the same problem with installing a bunk in a '95 16' scamp. I purchased the poles from Scamp (parts store under hardware). Since I have never seen a bunk installed, I was wondering what the loop on the pole was for. I am glad to hear from Byron that the loop goes over a screw in the bunk platform. If someone has the time, it would be really helpful to me to see a picture of how this looks installed (e.g. a photo of the screw holding the loop).

Thanks,

Matt
The screws are on the bottom side of the upper bunk. The loop goes over the head of the screw to keep the pole from slipping out. I had to spread the a bit more open than Scamp had it to fit over the screw head. Maybe I can get a picture or so a bit later today.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #7

Oregon
Registry
Pictures

Here's some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2223.jpg   DSCN2218.jpg  

DSCN2217.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #8

Name: matt
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp
Texas
Thanks Byron

Awesome photos! It is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks so much.

-matt
Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
I have a 1984 19' fifth wheel that I'm getting ready to convert to a lengthwise instead of sideways bed. I'm going to be taking out the bunks and tossing them. Not sure if they will fit and it is older but your welcome to them if you can get them. I'll have to check on the poles, I did see poles just not sure if they were the stock ones or not.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #10

Missouri
Scamp Bunk Bed Poles and bunk fabric cover

I'm looking for some scamp bunk bed poles and the fabric that goes around the upper bunk. I believe it has a zipper to remove it, so I would be interested in that cover and the foam if you have it. I'm trying to make my own bunk bed since mine is missing, and the Scamp store charges way to much to ship this entire bunk unit due to the plywood and such.

Please let me know what you have!

Thanks!
Tim
Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #11

Missouri
Steve,

Somehow I did not see your post to my ad for bunk bed poles. Do you still have them? I can't believe I missed your post, but if you do, please let me know. Did it have an upper bunk too? The kind that makes up the back of the couch and then swings up to make the bunk bed? Please let me know.

Email or call me at: 309-338-6550.

Thanks!
Tim
Old 03-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #12

Name: danny
Trailer: 1981 Scamp
Florida
Registry
If you was in florida i would say come by and pick one up. i have the bed ply cover and pad....i did not take it to the dump yet.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #13

Missouri
Danny,

Where in FL are you?

Is the cover and foam in good shape? Would you mind boxing it and shipping it? I'd pay you for the shipping. I can make the plywood, but if I could get the foam, cover, and the piano-style hinges that hold the ends of the plywood together that would be much better than taking it to the dump! Please let me know! Also, do you have the bunk bed poles?

I'm in Springfield, MO 65809. Give me a call if you want at: 309-338-6550
Old 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #14

Name: danny
Trailer: 1981 Scamp
Florida
Registry
I dont have the poles but the bunk ply wood in good the cloth it tacky but good to use as a pattern. the foam is old 1981 old...

Tags
scamp