For Sale: Dometic RM211 (Trillium 1977) fridge parts for sale - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #15

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
HI: tHERE WAS NO FRIDGE IN MY TRAILER WHEN I PURCHASED IT, SO ALL I HAVE IS THE OUTSIDE VENTS FOR THE FRIDGE AS PREVIOUSLY LISTED. SORRY!! ALSO THE VENTS ARE FREE. JUST PAY THE SHIPPING COSTS.

SID

Old 12-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #16

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Thank you for offering and posting the details Squidley. Neither vent suits my needs. My apologies for the delay in responding, I have not logged on in a while.
Roy

Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #17

Name: Jacques
Trailer: lesharo
Quebec
dometic rm211 parts???

Hello,

I know this is an old post but if you still have some parts, I need the gas thermostat that comes with the capillary (thin copper tube that is routed inside the fridge).

Thanks,

Jacques

Old 08-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #18

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
RM211 fridge parts

I no longer have any parts for Dometic fridges
I have posted everything I learned about it on the document section and on the illustrated posting where I explain how I did replace it with the closest size unit I could find: a Norcold.

I discovered that the Norcold offers the great advantage to have the burner on the LEFT side, so the propane pilot is sheltered from road drafts and winds... SO IT REMAINS LIT ON PROPANE !!! I no longer have to flip it from 12 V to Propane whenever I stop for longer than a few minutes somewhere. All I have to do is to park reasonnably close to level.

I have no regrets about my switch from Dometic to Norcold, which is thermostatic under 110V (the Dometic is not). No more rotten or frozen stuff ! I love it !
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #19

Name: Brandon
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Anything still available here? i know this is an older post. I need the little tin electrical cover, and the name plate off the front. Let me know what it's worth to you and i can paypal or email money transfer the funds. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #20

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
Sorry, I do not have any fridge parts left.

Squidley
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #21

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Dometic RM211 parts ... GONE for months

Sorry, but all parts were sold for the price of shipping cost. I no longer have anything left. The 211 was hardly working anymore. The used replacement I installed (Norcold 323) is working fine under hot summer conditions and the propane pilot does remain lit when I'm driving on highways, as opposed to the compact Dometic which had their propane burner on the rear (right) side, more exposed to road wind. Norcold also has the advantage to have maintain automatically the ideal temperature under 110V. Dometic equivalent (RM2193) required a different manual setting on daytime and at night. Under AC, temperature inside the fridge is just as reliable as a home fridge.

In short, I would not recommend to put a dime on a failing RM211 and I would suggest the Norcold 323 as a better replacement than the RM2193 for a Trillium 1977 like mine. If you must replace a RM211, keep in mind the dimensions are NOT the same and some adaptation is required to fit new models in a vintage Trillium (see my pictures and posting about conversion on this site)

Tags
fridge, trillium