For Sale: Dometic RM211 (Trillium 1977) fridge parts for sale - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #1

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Dometic RM211 (Trillium 1977) fridge parts for sale

I've just retired from active service a Dometic RM211 3way fridge. It still worked but internal casing and door seal were damaged and worn to the point it could no longer maintain normal operation on hot summer days. Anybody looking for spare parts are welcome to contact me.

RM211 Part listing can be found at
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/manuals/...parts-list.pdf

I'm giving you guys the first call. I will start to dismantle it to be announced on Ebay next week-end. The casing with cooling unit will be sent to recycling by the end of the month.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Hi Martin,
Some posted one recently that had a broken freezer door amongst other things on bolerama. It seems a bear broke into their trailer. You have to see the picture, incredible.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/boler...es/?msg=8837.1
Maybe who ever got it can use some of the parts.

Amongst other things I need the little orange thing on the top of the door that holds it open and the Nameplate strip also at the top of the door. I'll have to go out and look to see what else I need/want, then put a parts list together. Are you replacing the external vents as well? I need the lower vent for this. If you have the Ice cube tray I'd like that.

If you are going to scrap it, pull the shelves etc. from the inside and all the knobs, controls, igniters etc as those are the parts that people usually need.

Roy

Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: 13' Boler 1977
Ontario
can it be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamimartin View Post
I've just retired from active service a Dometic RM211 3way fridge. It still worked but internal casing and door seal were damaged and worn to the point it could no longer maintain normal operation on hot summer days. Anybody looking for spare parts are welcome to contact me.

RM211 Part listing can be found at
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/manuals/...parts-list.pdf

I'm giving you guys the first call. I will start to dismantle it to be announced on Ebay next week-end. The casing with cooling unit will be sent to recycling by the end of the month.
where are you located???

and do you think it is repairable?, or not repairable at all???

i'd be interested in repairing/resealing it, ..if your close by
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #4

Quebec
Registry
Dometic RM211 for parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbraunton View Post
where are you located???

and do you think it is repairable?, or not repairable at all???

i'd be interested in repairing/resealing it, ..if your close by
I'm located in Qc, Canada, near Montreal.
I've tried very hard to make it work to an acceptable level, but it quits working completely as soon as outside temperature reaches 28-30C / 82-85F. The cooling system works, The freezer works, but internal casing, insulation and door seal are shut, so it is impossible to repair. As a palliative measure, I had added a 12V fan to increase airflow on the back of the fridge. I was able to keep it operating a bit better, but I figured it was almost like whipping a dead horse.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #5

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Nova Scotia
Registry
i am missing the gas/electric knob on mine. Any chance you might still have one?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #6

Quebec
Registry
I have received enough requests for parts, It is all gone (for shipping cost only to Rick and Chris). I'm glad it can be recycled. Roy will get the door parts he needs too.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #7

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McVeigh View Post
i am missing the gas/electric knob on mine. Any chance you might still have one?
You got it, I should be able to take it all apart in the next few days.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #8

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Hi Martin,
(...)Amongst other things I need the little orange thing on the top of the door that holds it open and the Nameplate strip also at the top of the door.(...)
I need the lower vent for this.
Roy
Ok for the door lock but namestrip has a broken screw hole on one end. Using a painted washer would make it hold just fine. . I don't know about the lower vent you are talking about. Please specify the number from the part list. If you are talking about the outdoor lower vent (the one that opens up), I reused it on the new fridge. Please hurry for your part listing, I'm shipping the cooling unit and all gas and electrical stuff to Rick, so he can attempt to fix his 211. I will ship to him everything that is not immediately required by someone else.

Please send me a private message with your name and adress, I will reply with a shipping quote once I'm done dismantling
Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #9

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Hi Chris,
Please specify exactly the part number on the schematic. I will do my best to take it out unless removing this part appears to damage the whole module.

Please send me your name and adress by private message so I can provide a shipping cost estimate.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #10

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Nova Scotia
Registry
Thanks Martin
I've got the same model Trillium but I guess the fridge is different - mine is a Dometic RM36 and I don't think it has the same gas/elect knob afterall.
It would look the same as the larger knob in the picture - 2nd from left.
Thanks again for trying
Attached Thumbnails
100_1425 (Small).jpg  
Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #11

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Thanks Martin
I've got the same model Trillium but I guess the fridge is different - mine is a Dometic RM36 and I don't think it has the same gas/elect knob afterall.
It would look the same as the larger knob in the picture - 2nd from left.
Thanks again for trying
Definitely not the same animal... compare to Dometic 211 part listing on my first post.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #12

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Hi Martin,
Some posted one recently that had a broken freezer door amongst other things on bolerama. It seems a bear broke into their trailer. You have to see the picture, incredible.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/boler...es/?msg=8837.1
Maybe who ever got it can use some of the parts.

Amongst other things I need the little orange thing on the top of the door that holds it open and the Nameplate strip also at the top of the door. I'll have to go out and look to see what else I need/want, then put a parts list together. Are you replacing the external vents as well? I need the lower vent for this. If you have the Ice cube tray I'd like that.

If you are going to scrap it, pull the shelves etc. from the inside and all the knobs, controls, igniters etc as those are the parts that people usually need.

Roy

Hi Roy: I may be a bit late, but just noticed your request for an exterior vent for your fridge. I have two vents available. The lower has Dometic
RM 382 imprinted on it, and the upper has RM 1222 imprinted on it. If you
still need them let me know. There was no fridge in the Beachcomber when I purchased it, so I don't know what model it was.

Sid
Old 11-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #13

Name: Sidney
Trailer: 77 Beachcomber B15
British Columbia
Registry
Fridge vents

Hi Roy: Received your message, but for some reason couldn't add pics to my private message reply.??????????
I measured the fridge vents and they are as follows:
1. Dometic RM - 1222 (9" x 22") see picture.
2. Dometic RM - 382 ( 18.5" x 22" including the aluminum frame, or 16" x 19.5" without the frame) The frame would be mounted to the fibreglass and black trim like that on the belly band would set it off for a nice contrasting trim. See picture.
They are in reverse order.

Sid
Attached Thumbnails
P1010911.jpg   P1010913.jpg  

Old 12-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #14

Name: Cubey
Trailer: 1978 Dodge Xplorer
Arkansas
If any parts are still available.. I need the thermostat knobs for the back side of the fridge. I need both the electric and gas ones.

Tags
fridge, trillium