Dual 6v Interstate Batteries (Tampa Bay) - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #1
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Dual 6v Interstate Batteries (Tampa Bay)

I mention Tampa Bay because these batteries cannot be shipped. I have two Interstate GC2-HXD-UTL 6v 232 AH batteries. They were manufactured in May of 2015 and were in service for approximately 13 months. They are fully charged and at rest are holding in excess of 13v, indicating they are capable of taking and holding a full charge. The retail price for these batteries is $149.95 each. I will sell them both for $100 (33% of retail) or for a REASONABLE offer. I took them out of service because I wanted to switch to AGM batteries. Again, they cannot be shipped via UPS or the USPS. So if you are thinking about switching from a single 12v to dual 6v batteries for the greatly increased capacity, PM me.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #2

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
I mention Tampa Bay because these batteries cannot be shipped. I have two Interstate GC2-HXD-UTL 6v 232 AH batteries. They were manufactured in May of 2015 and were in service for approximately 13 months. They are fully charged and at rest are holding in excess of 13v, indicating they are capable of taking and holding a full charge. The retail price for these batteries is $149.95 each. I will sell them both for $100 (33% of retail) or for a REASONABLE offer. I took them out of service because I wanted to switch to AGM batteries. Again, they cannot be shipped via UPS or the USPS. So if you are thinking about switching from a single 12v to dual 6v batteries for the greatly increased capacity, PM me.
Obviously when you say they hold 13V that is connected in series. You should test each one by itself.
With two batteries in series, as long as the load is only for 12 volts, they should charge and discharge equally. But, if one should be loaded separately, like for a 6 volt light, it upsets the balance and the higher one can overcharge while the lower one will not come to a full charge. If so, the fix is two charge each one at 6 volts then reconnect in series only.