Electric Trailer Caster - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Electric Trailer Caster

I have an an Electric trailer caster that was donated to the Coupeville (WA) Lions Club garage sale but did not sell. Specs are as follows:

Model PC-3 Power Caster New $1,325.00
Designed for heavy travel trailers/5th Wheel trailers

* 1,800 lb. tongue capacity
* 1/2 horsepower electric motor 800 in.-lbs. of torque @ 30 RPM (120 volts, 8.3 amps)
* Weight 94 lbs. (boxed shipping weight approx. 120 lbs.)

Comes with:
* Dual 4-ply nylon tires
* Heavy duty pregreased needle bearings w/ heat-treated hardened inner race
* Built-in brake switch/wiring to connect to your trailer's electric brake system

We would like to get $500 for it to support community, district and international Lions projects but will consider all offers.

We are coming to the Oregon Gathering and will bring it if anyone is interested in seeing it there.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Electric dolly

1800# tongue weight? Holy (censored) Batman!

Just curious how it could work for "straight pull" and 5th wheel trailers BOTH. The ones I have seen for straight-pull trailers are of two types. One fits the ball hitch and the other is a powered wheel unit that takes the place of a caster on the tongue jack. Both have "steering tillers".

While I actually could use a powered one for moving a large (straight-pull) flat deck car carrier trailer (with a car on it) in my shop/storage bldg, I'm thinking that this one may just be a tad excessive. My Boler typically has about 200-350 tongue weight (depending on how it is loaded, etc) and my car trailer - even with a car on it - doesn't usually go above 650 - 750 or so. (yes - EQ bars are needed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
I have an an Electric trailer caster that was donated to the Coupeville (WA) Lions Club garage sale but did not sell. Specs are as follows:

Model PC-3 Power Caster New $1,325.00
Designed for heavy travel trailers/5th Wheel trailers

* 1,800 lb. tongue capacity
* 1/2 horsepower electric motor 800 in.-lbs. of torque @ 30 RPM (120 volts, 8.3 amps)
* Weight 94 lbs. (boxed shipping weight approx. 120 lbs.)

Comes with:
* Dual 4-ply nylon tires
* Heavy duty pregreased needle bearings w/ heat-treated hardened inner race
* Built-in brake switch/wiring to connect to your trailer's electric brake system

We would like to get $500 for it to support community, district and international Lions projects but will consider all offers.

We are coming to the Oregon Gathering and will bring it if anyone is interested in seeing it there.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
1800# tongue weight? Holy (censored) Batman!

Just curious how it could work for "straight pull" and 5th wheel trailers BOTH. The ones I have seen for straight-pull trailers are of two types. One fits the ball hitch and the other is a powered wheel unit that takes the place of a caster on the tongue jack. Both have "steering tillers".

While I actually could use a powered one for moving a large (straight-pull) flat deck car carrier trailer (with a car on it) in my shop/storage bldg, I'm thinking that this one may just be a tad excessive. My Boler typically has about 200-350 tongue weight (depending on how it is loaded, etc) and my car trailer - even with a car on it - doesn't usually go above 650 - 750 or so. (yes - EQ bars are needed!)
For the straight pull it takes the place of the caster wheel on the tongue jack. For fifth wheel, it needs an adapter, which I do not have.

Yes Batman, this it the top one they make and can handle a sizable trailer. I have it because it was donated to a Lions fund raiser and did not sell. At one time I would have bought it to park my Casita but I spent the money on building a new driveway.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #4

This has been sold! Thanks