Fireplace for on Fraser Valley CL $85, brand new. - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Fireplace for on Fraser Valley CL $85, brand new.

Outland Firebowl
Says never used for $85 usually these run anywhere from around $125.
When Fire season happening these are a good alternative to keeping warm while waiting for the colder seasons and no fire season. They do keep you warm if you make a wind break.
Stude

Old 09-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
So, is that thing propane or butane, and is it self-contained? We'd love something like that to cook hotdogs over and keep a bit warmer outside when fires and charcoal are prohibited. As a ranger/park host told Paul, anything you can turn off instantly is OK. Otherwise, no.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #3

Name: Doug
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16, 2011 RAV4 V6
California
I have one and love it.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #4

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
So, is that thing propane or butane, and is it self-contained? We'd love something like that to cook hotdogs over and keep a bit warmer outside when fires and charcoal are prohibited. As a ranger/park host told Paul, anything you can turn off instantly is OK. Otherwise, no.
there is a gas hose in the photo
Old 09-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #5

Washington
Registry
Aha, so there is. Right. It's one of those that we've seen at a State Park.

Propane, then, and not from a little canister. OK. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #6

British Columbia
Kai u could use a little Canister but we have a 10# propane tank.

Quote:
Aha, so there is. Right. It's one of those that we've seen at a State Park.

Propane, then, and not from a little canister. OK. Thanks.
: we have two of them one for me when I go fishing and a larger one when there are more than 3-4 people sitting around, works nice at night as the flicker of flames travel all around the lake and then all of a sudden there are 40 people there telling you it is fire season and fires are not allowed, but as u see we fool them and tell them is a contained fire, no sparks etc.
Maybe some here who has one with the instructions can tell u if you can cook over them but one must remember when hot grease lands on a fire it flares up but then drops down pretty fast.
When we turn it off there are these nice hot coals as I throw in a few charcoal bits to help the kids roast Marsh Mellows or a dog on a stick, never had any problems. In the morning I dump it and clean all the lava pieces up and put back together for the next time we use it.
Stude
Old 09-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #7

Washington
Registry
Could you use a little canister? We don't have the big propane tanks and don't plan to add them back again, though I can see how great they can be. If we HAD a canister, this'd be an answer; if you can use a little one--then this starts to look like a very nice holiday gift for Peanut (and us).
Old 09-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Could you use a little canister? We don't have the big propane tanks and don't plan to add them back again, though I can see how great they can be. If we HAD a canister, this'd be an answer; if you can use a little one--then this starts to look like a very nice holiday gift for Peanut (and us).
best thing to do is email the seller and confirm if you can use them, I also talked to my wife and she says yes what you should do is go in where they sell these and u will be shocked at the price of them and because this is being sold in Canada it would only cost u about $50.00 or so dollars just make sure you have the right Canuck bucks with you when U come to pick it up. Do not get a Canuck to buy it for you unless you give them the dollars because they will have to pay full value.
Bring a bottle with u and if it screws on then no problem or go to Cabela's, or camping world in your area and talk to them, This is the smaller of the two they make the other one is bigger. Then there is the red Can same thing only much smaller than this manufacturer builds. We have the red can and it kept 38 feet warm at a Studebaker meeting.
Stude
Old 09-20-2016, 05:42 PM   #9

Washington
Registry
OK, great ideas, thanks! Will do. Paul wants to go to the camping supply places anyway. Cabella's is on the way to our next camping trip at the Washington coast.

38 feet--19 people? That's a good-sized ring around the ring!
Old 09-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #10

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
If you plan to use 1 lb. canisters, best count on really short duration fires and expensive fires at that.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #11

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
If you plan to use 1 lb. canisters, best count on really short duration fires and expensive fires at that.

Yeah, good point. It'd be for the few desperate times when we just HAD to have a fire and no other fires were allowed, drought season in WA and OR.

Um...how short a duration? Ten minutes? An hour? How long can one cook with a butane canister over a one-burner outside tabletop stove?

(Ballparks would be greatly appreciated!)
Old 09-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #12

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Um...how short a duration? Ten minutes? An hour? How long can one cook with a butane canister over a one-burner outside tabletop stove?
I don't think you can compare a one-burner butane or propane stove to a propane fire bowl. I don't do fires, but I gather from the forums that they use a lot of gas. You are trying to heat the great outdoors.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #13

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I don't think you can compare a one-burner butane or propane stove to a propane fire bowl. I don't do fires, but I gather from the forums that they use a lot of gas. You are trying to heat the great outdoors.

It does kinda work out that way, doesn't it?

Myself, while I sometimes love a little focused heat from a nice fire, I also just like the appearance of it and the ability to singe a couple of hot dogs--which Paul will not allow over his one-burner blue camp stove.

I know it'll get icky and flare up, hence it seemed like a fire bowl might be just the thing--but Paul said he doesn't want to pay "that much" for one.

Sadly, we passed one by at a yard sale early this summer, going for only $25. I didn't really know what it was. NOW, I'm kicking myself--a little--and will see about grabbing it if I ever run across another.

Fire bowls. New stuff to me!
Old 09-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #14

British Columbia
Camp Fire, yes I would also kick myself.

Quote:
It does kinda work out that way, doesn't it?

Myself, while I sometimes love a little focused heat from a nice fire, I also just like the appearance of it and the ability to singe a couple of hot dogs--which Paul will not allow over his one-burner blue camp stove.

I know it'll get icky and flare up, hence it seemed like a fire bowl might be just the thing--but Paul said he doesn't want to pay "that much" for one.

Sadly, we passed one by at a yard sale early this summer, going for only $25. I didn't really know what it was. NOW, I'm kicking myself--a little--and will see about grabbing it if I ever run across another.

Fire bowls. New stuff to me!
:
U should tell him to buy new for $25 not a chance but we bought the red can for $75US when our dollar was par, then bought the larger of the 3 for $115 2 years ago all were bought brand new. Camping World has some great sales on now and again and we look at the prices in Canada verses Camping world and even with the extra 30cents on the dollar we can still save if down that way for other items. Kai are you going to the nw Oregon Meet at Nehalem Bay?
Stude
Stude