Free UHaul Parts: Spare Tire/ Wheel/Pair of old hubs - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: Vixen Motor Coach
California
Registry
Free UHaul Parts: Spare Tire/ Wheel/Pair of old hubs

Hey gang,
We crossed over and are now RVing (but our vintage RV is all glass panels - so we still share a common bond!). We are finishing up a move and tucked in the back of my garage was an old spare UHaul tire, wheel, and hubs from one of my previous UHauls. They aren't pretty but are functional. I'll be darned but I think that's the stock tire (it has Uhaul on it and has never been used). Wheel is ugly but looks to be structurally sound, don't know much about the hubs either other than they too are ugly, but I would guess they are at least good as a back up in a pinch.

Anyway, they are free but I would rather not ship - if you are in CA and passing through I would much rather just hand them over and will hold them if I know they will go to one of the good folks here. If you are really in a spot and need shipped then we can discuss. Problem is I moved way out into the country and have a new born so there's zero free-time to deal with this stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
free uhaul.JPG   free uhaul2.JPG  

Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: U-HAUL
California
Uhaul Parts

Hello Sir, do you still happen to have the Wheel? If so I am in dire need. Please just let me know and we can take it from there. Thanks

-Jeremy

Old 06-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #3

California
Registry
Jeremy,
Unfortunately, I no longer have the wheel/ tire.
Best,
Paul
Old 08-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #4

California
Registry
Uhaul Spare FREE*

hello all,
sorry to dig up an old thread, but i was helping my parents move and realized they had my old Uhaul spare (see photos in the post just above). i had given it to them to drop off at the junkyard with some other good old parts, but they must have forgotten since we found the old wheel/tire the other day.

dont know if its of any use to anyone, but i remember back when i had my Uhaul they were hard to replace due the lug spacing, but i understand they did start to make them new again at some Uhaul dealers.

*i am in the Monterey area and do not wish to deal with shipping (i travel a lot for work and live out in the country), so it would be great if you can pick it up. i have the space and am happy to hang on to it for someone who might be passing through at some point in the not too distant future.

send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: U-haul 13
California
U haul wheel

Hi. I just bought a 1984 uhaul yesterday which I am going to pick up in Atazona in a week or so. It just so happens I am driving to Monterey tomorrow, Tuesday,and would love to pick up the wheel if possible and thanks ahead of time. Just let me know where and when, thanks.
Jack
Old 08-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #6

California
Registry
Jack, its yours!
impeccable timing as i was literally tossing it tomorrow!
i'll send you a PM and email with my details and we can meet tomorrow for the hand off.
cheers,
-paul
Old 08-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: U-haul 13
California
Thanks

Thanks for the wheel and tire Paul. I am amazed the original uhaul tore still hold air. I appreciate you going out of your way todo this for me. Will send photos when I pickup the "egg"

Jack D
Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #8

California
Registry
never a problem Jack - glad you could make it and something good came out of the day (best of luck with the car repair)! my father saw a UHaul yesterday on the road and he said it was in MINT condition - like it was hidden in a garage all this time. its a good sign. chime in here when you pick up the UHaul and post lots of pix - people love pix!
Old 08-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #9

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Glad Jack is getting the wheel but he shouldn't trust that tire at all! Holding air and being road worthy after 30 years are two different things. I should know... I blew a tire that came on our UHaul VT only about a month after buying it. It looked great but obviously wasn't. I was lucky to be able to pull over quickly on I-88 but the hub and wheel heated up so badly I couldn't touch them for over an hour. That hub then failed about a month later in Wyoming. That's another story!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #10

California
Registry
good point Kevin. i dont think Jack was planning to use the old tire though. it has definitely seen it's day. i left in on the whole time simply to protect the rim/ wheel since it certainly wasn't getting any newer and i figured at least the rim would remain protected in the event someone wanted it.

the old tire can go to the Uhaul museum!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #11

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
I warned him on the Uhaul Facebook page not to trust that tire, but I also told him that he ought to save it as it is an original part.

CindyL
Old 01-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #12

Name: Jack
Trailer: U-haul Vacationer
Tennessee
Question spare tire

I live outside Memphis Tn. and I do not have a spare rim/tire for my 13' u haul vacationer. If you still have one and shipping is not to much I would be willing to compensate you for your time and efforts.. It seems no one in my area knows much about uhaul campers , even uhaul. I guess I am just too OLD.,. My zip is 38002. thanks for responding. Jackmier

Tags
uhaul