Wanted: freezer door and shelves for Dometic RM2201 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Scamp 16
Minnesota
freezer door and shelves for Dometic RM2201

The plastic latch broke on my 93 Scamp Dometic freezer door and no parts are available. Hoping to find a broken units for parts or good ideas for repair. I might just have to mount a magnetic catch and strike in the freezer but it will rust. Also looking for shelves for the same unit.
Jon 612-581-9587

Old 06-10-2015, 01:47 PM   #2

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Jon, the door on the freezer of my 92 Scamp also broke a few years ago and I was fortunate to find someone here who had decommissioned the same fridge to send me the one off of their fridge. It worked but it never really closed as well as I would have liked. That one broke just this past week-end and funny enough without the two hinges the door actually closes and stays closes better than it did with the tiny plastic built in hinges on it! I just stuck it over the opening & it stayed in place and fully closed for about 100 miles of travel a few of those miles where over a bit of a rough road.

I actually really LIKE your ideas of using a couple of small magnetic on it - not sure I would use a latch although having to take it completely off when opening as I do now may not be the best.

I have considered adding a couple of really small plastic or metal hinges to it - was going to the marine supply shop today to see what they might have - just worried about screwing them into the main freezer compartment side - may just glue them on it rather than screw them on.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #3

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Here's the manual in pdf format. You might call Dometic and see what they have to say.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:51 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I think I have one that I pulled and is in my "trash to go trailer". I will see how the door is.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Sorry mine is a R2118. It has a little tab that is like a screwdriver blade that snaps into a slot with a spring loaded plastic catch. Its not broken. Not sure if its the same. I could take a picture if you are interested. Not sure how to get the whole shebang out though.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote