Wanted: Front Bunk (board) for 84' CT-13 Uhaul - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #15

Name: Richard
Trailer: 85 UHaul Camper
Texas
Arrow Front Bunk

I have a full upper front bunk that I took out to make a single dinette (I always leave the table in the back in bed mode). I kept everything I took out of this (very original) UHaul in case I wanted to take it back to the original. Don't want to do that any more so will sell it if you are interested. Thanks... Richard Lewis League City, Texas

Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #16

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rklewis View Post
I have a full upper and lower front bunk that I took out to make a single dinette (I always leave the table in the back in bed mode). I kept everything I took out of this (very original) UHaul in case I wanted to take it back to the original. Don't want to do that any more so will sell it if you are interested. Thanks... Richard Lewis League City, Texas
Mr. Richard,
As per my request I am interested. Thanks for thinking of me.
I'll PM you if I can make this work on a campgrounds wi-fi that is in a semi-remote area! If it does not work I'll reply in a day or so when I get
back to civilization! Thanks Indeed again...

Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #17

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Mr. Richard,
As per my request I am interested. Thanks for thinking of me.
I'll PM you if I can make this work on a campgrounds wi-fi that is in a semi-remote area! If it does not work I'll reply in a day or so when I get
back to civilization! Thanks Indeed again...
I bought his bunk bed and I forgot to close this thread with THANKS to Mr.Richard for selling it to me and for the excellent packing and going the extra mile to ship it to me by Greyhound. I think I emailed him directly but would like to mention here that he was a wonderful person to deal with. Thank You Sir!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #18

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Me too...to all of that. I would love to have the bunk board or know how to make one that fits.
Bud, how does a 200 lb grown man really sleep on the top bunk?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #19

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Me too...to all of that. I would love to have the bunk board or know how to make one that fits.
Bud, how does a 200 lb grown man really sleep on the top bunk?
Ms. Diane,
He sleeps up there VERY carefully! Definitely an added guard rail might prevent
Rolling off during a UHaul nightmare. Really was designed for children but I tried it and it is strong with the big hinge and thick plywood. The lower bunk is Ok if you don't turn over and can squeeze in there... For adult use the dinette conversion is simply the way to go, IMHO. It's apparent the designers had young families in mind...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #20

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Ms. Diane,
He sleeps up there VERY carefully! Definitely an added guard rail might prevent
Rolling off during a UHaul nightmare. Really was designed for children but I tried it and it is strong with the big hinge and thick plywood. The lower bunk is Ok if you don't turn over and can squeeze in there... For adult use the dinette conversion is simply the way to go, IMHO. It's apparent the designers had young families in mind...
As someone who took their bunk OUT (and passed it onto another UH owner) I want to advise that you will wind up with a very shallow bench seat, to the point of discomfort, when the bunk is in the 'down' position. You lose about 8"-10" in seat depth. The Scamp bench/bunk combo is completely different, much deeper seat area when the bunk is in the 'down' position. Just want to save someone being disappointed. But if you need sleeping area for two kids, the bunk is what you need
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #21

Name: Gerry
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Connecticut
1984 CT-13 bunk board--got one

Mike: I have the original out of my '84 CT-13 with both side hinges in place (the longer piano hinge is gone). I have just been saving it for a template for a building lightweight composite overhead shelf where the bunk was. If the PDF template, doesn't work out, you are welcome to the board. I am in CT. To me, not really worth the freight for a piece of 1/2" or so plywood and a few hardware store hinges but I can trace it and snail mail a copy with a photo.

Tags
uhaul