FS: Stove, hood & Fridge from Amerigo - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
Indiana
FS: Stove, hood & Fridge from Amerigo

I've pulled the range/oven from my Amerigo as well as the range hood that would go above it. They aren't going back in when I'm done, so they're available to anyone interested.

I haven't tested either one so I can't say anything about functionality. The trailer is a '71 and these were original to it - so they're older. Definitely could use some cleaning up and possibly refinishing (depends on your tastes). They're both a darker yellow color.

Anyway - if you want them come and get them.

Best offer.

Of course, if you've got a spare fresh water tank and hand pump laying around and/or a converter box - that would be great!

If there aren't any takers though, they'll both just end up in the trash.

Also - 120V/12V Fridge from same. I've got in plugged into shore power right now and it's running and cooling. I've decided NOT to include it in the reconstructed version of the trailer though. Just getting a new one. Anyway - it's your basic wood-grain finish front. Also available for best offer - also not shipping it. Doubt I'll toss this in the dumpster though.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #2

Indiana
Last call for the range and hood before they end up in the dump. They're free for the taking.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watters View Post
Last call for the range and hood before they end up in the dump. They're free for the taking.
Michael,

I posted on you other thread. I'm interested. I live in Indiana east of Indy.

Let's meet up. Pm coming!

Spanke
Old 03-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watters View Post
I've pulled the range/oven from my Amerigo as well as the range hood that would go above it. They aren't going back in when I'm done, so they're available to anyone interested.

I haven't tested either one so I can't say anything about functionality. The trailer is a '71 and these were original to it - so they're older. Definitely could use some cleaning up and possibly refinishing (depends on your tastes). They're both a darker yellow color.

Anyway - if you want them come and get them.

Best offer.

Of course, if you've got a spare fresh water tank and hand pump laying around and/or a converter box - that would be great!

If there aren't any takers though, they'll both just end up in the trash.

Also - 120V/12V Fridge from same. I've got in plugged into shore power right now and it's running and cooling. I've decided NOT to include it in the reconstructed version of the trailer though. Just getting a new one. Anyway - it's your basic wood-grain finish front. Also available for best offer - also not shipping it. Doubt I'll toss this in the dumpster though.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed this earlier, but if that's an original "Duett" stove/space heater they were recalled years ago for excessive co leakage.

While some will flinch at the thought of tossing a 40 year old stove/furnace, even if it wasn't recalled I would still toss it. Might not be so good for someone elses kids etc.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #5

Indiana
I'd have to check the label. It's a range/oven thing. Either way, I really don't cook inside (although I AM going to include a microwave in this one) and I'd rather have the open counter space and storage.

The fridge is still operational. I'm tempted to rig it up so I can run shore power while camping and run it off the TV lights circuit while driving, but will likely just get a new 110 dorm fridge and use ice blocks while driving (which is what I've done for years anyway).
Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #6

Indiana
Looking at the range/oven - the only label I can find on it reads "Trav'ler"
Old 03-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #7

California
On the outside heat shield it should also say "DUETT"

It's the only stove/heater I am aware of and Amerigo used them in all of the ones I have seen with the original appliances still in place. I had one in my 1978 Sunrader, also built by Gardner-Pacific, another Stuart Gardner owned company, and they used them from 1972 until 1979 in the Sunrader FGRV products.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #8

California
Duette Update:

Here's a link to the Duette manual in the document center:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/files/Du...ace_Manual.pdf
Trav'ler was the mfg. division that built the Duette, it's the same.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #9

Indiana
Looks pretty similar, but with one difference - this has/had no vent to the outside. Doesn't appear to have ever had one really - nothing on the back of the unit. Trailer has a hole (sorta covered up) where a vent would have been. I figured there used to be a furnace in the trailer. But the hole doesn't really line up with where the stove was.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #10

California
If yours was the stove/heater combo it needed a vent, but a p.o. may have disabled that part for safety reasons. The sales brochure I have shows that an optional 11,000 BTU furnace was also available. That said, are you sure yours is the combo unit?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #11

Indiana
I'm sure it's a combo range and oven. That's about it. I'll try to take some pics of it tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #12

Indiana
Here's a pic of the stove and hood. Second photo of rear. There's a place where there might have been a vent - but it's sorta blocked. That's the way it was, dunno what's going on there.
Attached Thumbnails
stove.jpg   IMG_20140322_094917.jpg  

Old 03-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #13

California
Yep, that's where the furnace mode vent should be. Maybe that was disabled, who knows.
I have looked at three Amerigo's 16's and two still had the Duette stove/furnace, the third still had the hole where the vent had been, but it had been changed out. I also don't see the furnace grill on the front, above the oven door, either.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #14

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
The Duette was but one model in the Trav'ler stove line-up. The Duette 3-burner stove/oven/heater combo had 5 knobs across the front. This one only has 4, the far left position (Heater blower motor) is pristine blank space, *NOT* a patched hole. This unit never had a heater function. Your Crusade against Duettes is getting tiresome, Bob.

FiberglassRV.com Community Rules
Quote:
Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement.... Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.

Tags
amerigo, fridge