Wanted: furnace pipe and vent - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Yukon
furnace pipe and vent

Hello,

We recently bought a 13' boler and it's in great shape, except that the exhaust and vent from the original furnace has fallen off. If anyone has this and would be willing to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

McRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #2

Yukon
furnace pipe and vent from 13' Boler

Hello,

We recently bought a 13 foot boler. It's in great shape, except that at some point the exhaust and vent from the furnace fell off it and went missing. I wonder if anyone has these parts from the original furnace lying around and if so, if you'd be willing to sell it?

Thanks so much!

Chris

Here's what it looks like, to make it pretty clear which parts are missing:

Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
What model is the furnace? Looks like a Wagon Master.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Wagon Master furnaces were discontinued long ago due to the inherent risk of the exhaust tube rusting through, allowing the carbon monoxide to mix with incoming air. The gas agencies would not approve them, and they weren't very efficient without a fan to help disperse heat. Good thread here: Your Wagonmaster heater may kill you

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Before you go to further trouble, have you verified that it works at all? Those parts wouldn't be necessary in order to do a test btw, just leave the trailer door open.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #6

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
I had to get parts fabricated. If you check my posts in or directed from this thread Restoring Our 1972 Boler American you will see what it looked like. (sub links may be broken with site changes over the years). Sorry no time to search today.

Essentially it was a square frame the size of the opening on the side of the trailer with 2 round rings the size of what you can see in your pictures.

The larger outer ring & pipe carries the fresh air in. The smaller inner ring and pipe carries the exhaust out and extended a little further out.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:57 PM   #7

Yukon
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's the original furnace and I haven't checked it, but I was told that it was working and that it had been stripped and cleaned at some point in the past 3 or 4 years. The person was trustworthy and I have no reason to doubt them!

It looks like it is the Wagonmaster Heater, based on the thread linked. The "it could kill you" is a little scary, but we do have a C02 detector installed in there and the fact that we will have to replace the venting means that unless something goes drastically wrong, it won't be rusted out! Given that we live in the Yukon and 90% of the places we will take it won't have electricity, I would quite like to get this one running again for now. Perhaps if I can get a battery installed at some point in the future I'll swap it out.

And thanks for that thread Roy - it looks like, based on the above, it's a good idea to have something new and rust-free is the way to go. I'll see if I can't learn from your experience with it!

Thanks to all for your advice!

Chris

Oh, and here's some pics from the front:

Old 11-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #8

Name: Tom and Marti
Trailer: Tri-Fab Love Bug
Maine
Registry
Here's what I have from a 1973 Love Bug that is yours for free if it is the right size and you pay shipping. Have no clue as to what heater was installed. All that was left was the vent tube. I think what really matters is the diameter of the tubes. The outer tube diameter is 4 1/8 inches and the inner tube diameter is 2 1/2 inches. The overall length of 10.25 inches can be adjusted by cutting off the excess length. Size of the vent cover (and rough dimension of the inner piece is 7 inches x 7.5 inches. Structurally very sound with a bit of surface rust only. If I needed would simply wire brush / media blast and put some high temp primer and paint.

Let me know if it is what you need. If so, can arrange details by PM. If not will offer to others who line up for it in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6138-to-web.jpg   DSCN6137-to-web.jpg  

DSCN6135-to-post.jpg  
TomMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #9

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMarti View Post
Here's what I have from a 1973 Love Bug that is yours for free if it is the right size and you pay shipping. Have no clue as to what heater was installed. All that was left was the vent tube. I think what really matters is the diameter of the tubes. The outer tube diameter is 4 1/8 inches and the inner tube diameter is 2 1/2 inches. The overall length of 10.25 inches can be adjusted by cutting off the excess length. Size of the vent cover (and rough dimension of the inner piece is 7 inches x 7.5 inches. Structurally very sound with a bit of surface rust only. If I needed would simply wire brush / media blast and put some high temp primer and paint.

Let me know if it is what you need. If so, can arrange details by PM. If not will offer to others who line up for it in this thread.
WOW, Tom! This is such an obscure part but by jingo someone surfaced that actually has what might be exactly what the OP needs and with such a generous offer too. This is one of the things that's so great about these forums...can't wait to hear if its a match.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #10

Yukon
Wow, that looks like it's just about perfect, Tom! I'll do a little research to see if it's the same part, but it certainly looks like it would fit exactly. This is so kind of you, I'm incredibly grateful for your response!
Old 11-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #11

Name: glen
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Hi cris
re your furnace problem, I've got almost a complete furnace out of a 1975 13 ft. boler. got any idea what the make of yours is? Front of this one says SUBURBAN. It's free, you pay the freight, postage. I'm in comox on vancouver island. email to glenwhitelake@yahoo.ca.

glen trew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, furnace