Wanted: Furnace Vent Grill for 73 Boler - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Name: stephen
Trailer: 73 Boler
New York
Furnace Vent Grill for 73 Boler

hi all, i picked up a 73 Boler American off of craigslist + am working hard to get it up to snuff to use for labor day weekend (here in the states). i believe that the camper wasn't used for close to 35 years...

luckily the camper was under a tree, so was pretty protected. there is a wagon-master furnace in there with a with a rotted vent grill plate. does anybody out there know where i can find another one?

boler boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Try Outback / Trillium. They work on many Bolers. Joe Thoen has quite a collection of old furnaces. In fact, I was there yesterday. I looked at a couple of tall narrow gravity furnaces and asked Joe what they were. He said that they were Wagon-Masters.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I just used a stock vent from a hardware store. Details in my post here:
Restoring Our 1972 Boler American

I just installed it straight. I'm trying to decide whether to clean up the surface rust this year with a high heat paint or just replace it.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Name: stephen
Trailer: 73 Boler
New York
Furnace Vent Grill for 73 Boler

thanks to both of you for your replies. it looks like tomorrow is busy on my search. roy, the bolero that i picked up looks a lot like what yours used to. i don't believe that it moved in over 35+ years. it sat in a back yard in queens, ny. one the years stairs were built on the house in front, so we had to chain saw through a neighboring property to pull it out. i am hitting this one fast + furious so that we can take it on a cruise over to montauk (long island) for the end of this month.

i have mostly gutted it, doing new upholstery, cabinet doors (the particle board is completely shot) have cut out the support for the bunk bed, new tires,etc. i have just gotten my shipment of the marine adhesive that you suggested, + found tsp on amazon (couldn't find it local here).

the furnace vent is crumbling, so i would like to put something over it... if i had the time i would post pictures, but being that it is past midnight + i can"t really control time, i am moving on many fronts...

let's see what i can find...

boler boy is offline   Reply With Quote

boler, furnace