Giving Away: Original (I think?) Boler Curtains - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-10-2016, 11:33 PM   #1

Name: Jon & Kay
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Giving Away: Original (I think?) Boler Curtains

Hi All,

We're just starting to do some fix-ups on our Boler trailer, and as much as I'm a fan of all things vintage with character - these curtains just aren't the style I'm after.

Price: I'm happy to give them away to someone who would like them. I'd just ask that you pay the shipping costs.

Condition: Surprisingly good, the colours are a touch faded here and there, but other than that, the quality is still very nice. (Plus I've just washed them... )

Details: These are from a 1977 17ft. Boler. By my rough calculations they cover the front and back windows which are 12 and 14 feet respectively.

If anyone is interested in these, please PM me and I can arrange to ship them out.

Kay
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0527.jpg   IMG_0528.jpg  

IMG_0529.jpg  

Old 03-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Hi
Please advise shipping cost to V3R8Z2 - Surrey B.C.
And also where about in Kelowna do you live - may have a friend pick them up for me.
Thanks.
Dennis A

Old 03-11-2016, 11:36 AM   #3

British Columbia
Hi Dennis,

I will look into the shipping to Surrey (I'm assuming you'd like the most economical option?)

We are right downtown Kelowna, near the Safeway on Bernard Avenue. Pretty central if your friend would like to pick them up!

Kay
Old 03-12-2016, 11:46 AM   #4

British Columbia
Hi Kay,
Yes please assess cheapest way of shipping - perhaps Grey Hound Bus to their LANGLEY Loacation will work ( can all be in a cardboard box - not heavy)?
Thanks Dennis
PS NO rush at all for me.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Will you be sewing new curtains for your Boler? If so, I love to "talk curtains" as I change-up the decor of my trailer frequently, see photos. Basically, I keep the original cream colored curtains, for privacy and to let in the light, from the Scamp and sew narrow side panels which match my 16" pillows. In addition, I have black out shades that I roll up/down by hand. If you want to "talk curtains" with me we can do so on this forum so others benefit or you can send me a PM, private message.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 007.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 029.jpg  

Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 063.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 021.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #6

British Columbia
Hi Gilda,
The pics of your 'sewing' are wonderful.
For me - I will not be sewing - albeit some men may - but I am not qualified to sew a button on - let alone some beautiful curtain work like yours.
Thanks for 'sharing'!
Cheers,
Dennis (lindenguy)
Old 03-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #7

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
If I may suggest, if you will not be sewing you may want to hire someone (or ask someone you know) to make curtains (and pillows) to order. The projects are simple for a beginner. If there is a "home economics" course at your nearby high school (Unlikely, as schools all over the country are closing these and shop classes as well. A sad commentary as far as I'm concerned.) a community education class or even the alterations person at your nearby cleaners can all offer reasonably priced sewers.

When you take your curtain measurements you'll want to measure the window top to bottom and side to side. Also measure the width of the curtain rod, the height from the top of the curtain rod to the top edge of the seat back cushion. With these measurements your sewer should be able to whip up your curtains. I suggest that the sewer double the curtain rod width measurement when cutting the cloth to make fuller curtains. When I look at most homemade trailer curtains they are too sparse and almost look like window shades. I also suggest that you have the sewer line the curtains with white cloth or muslin (they will know what this is) to give the curtains a bit of substance but, most of all, to protect the curtains (and your interior upholstery) from fading. In our small trailers curtains with prints can overwhelm the interior. That's why I went with print panels and a solid interior.

Pillows might seem "over the top" for you but the empty cases can be stuffed with your jacket, clothing, extra fleece blankets, etc. thereby serving double duty. Pillows are really nice to have to prop you up in bed or even use as your night time pillow. You may notice that I cover my seat cushions with fleece blankets to protect them from the extra wear and tear of camping. I simply wash the blankets and keep the upholstery clean and protected from sun fading. Sometimes I use the fleece blankets for extra warmth at night.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with details. Just give my message to your sewer. You will get much better quality if you have custom curtains made by someone who cares. My husband enjoys the decor I make for the trailer just as much as I do as long as I don't get too frilly on him. (I don't like frilly either). Find a look, a color, a print that you like and go with it. You don't need to change out your look at all.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #8

British Columbia
Hi Gilda,
THANKS - I have made a copy of your email and will keep with my Boler file! Have a 'sewer' 20 min away that with YOUR instructions (and my daughters 'taste' ) between the two of them I am sure will end with something great - such as yours!! Thanks for sharing!
Dennis (lindenguy)
Old 03-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #9

British Columbia
Hi Dennis,

Good News - My sister-in-law is coming home for Easter and she has agreed to bring the curtains home with her (she lives in Langley). I will PM you with her contact details and you can arrange to pick them up directly from her.

K
Old 03-16-2016, 05:30 PM   #10

British Columbia
Wonderful....... perhaps you can put my phone nbr on the 'box' 604 582 9215 Dennis
Thanks very much.
Cheers,
Dennis Anderson
Old 05-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #11

British Columbia
Hi Dennis,

Just checking in, my SIL tried to call you (twice?) I think, and didn't hear back. Are you still interested in the curtains? She has them at her place in Langley.

Please let me know!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:57 PM   #12

British Columbia
Hi
I have NOT received a call from anyone regarding this curtains.
Has your S / L called at the correct nbr? It is 604 582 9215.
I would be glad to go to Langley to pick them up - please advise her
of this correct nbr and or advise me of her nbr and I will arrange to pick them up at her convenience - during day or evening.
Thanks for all your persistence on this matter.
Dennis Anderson 604 582 9215

Tags
boler, vin