Wanted: Heater Module for 1984 U-Haul Ct-13 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #1

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
Heater Module for 1984 U-Haul Ct-13

Looking for control module for the 1984 U-Haul CT. Bringing ours back to life piece by piece. Lucky for us, we have most of the original parts including graphics on the exterior. (The water tank & spigot is gone. We were told by the person we bought it from, that it was cracked & trashed.) Please send me on PM. Thanks!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #2

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandKaye View Post
Looking for control module for the 1984 U-Haul CT. Bringing ours back to life piece by piece. Lucky for us, we have most of the original parts including graphics on the exterior. (The water tank & spigot is gone. We were told by the person we bought it from, that it was cracked & trashed.) Please send me on PM. Thanks!
Three Way Campers in Marietta can test it for you. I took mine apart and found that cleaning the pilot light and the other little rods there took care of the issue with mine.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
the other little rods are the igniter and thermocouple. the gap has to be correctly adjusted for the spark, kind of like a spark plug. I found with our furnace it seemed to be sensitive to voltage, sometimes would not work off only the battery, but would if the converter had power to it. I've since replaced the converter, removed the furnace, and use the space for storage. I didn't like how hot the wall got next to the furnace when it was on, the wall to the rear that is. There is a place online, something like "Dinosaur Electronics", that may be able to help you with the circuit board. The Uhaul manual has a wiring diagram and test procedure. My problem was the gas valve wouldn't open sometimes, and I believe it was a voltage problem.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #4

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Just so you know, the original graphic are available in the $125 range from Goosler, a member here.

I'd guess that the tank is a standard part. If needed, I could measure an original tank for you. The faucet is a standard part that is still available.

Bob is right about Dinosaur electronics. A board is in the $100 range, a new furnace is in the $500 range.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #5

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
furnace parts

Quote:
Also, a bunch of parts here for DuoTherms by model number
http://www.rvdealership.com/rvdstore...rNumber=885555

My original still is working but it's get's LITTLE use in Florida (I'm not
bragging even tho it sounds like it)

Tags
u-haul