HEHR glazing bead - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #1

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
HEHR glazing bead

boler HEHR radius 4900 series or older glazing bead 1/2" front 1/6 notch 5/6 back at top grey colour looking for used product to match old beads have shrunken in length if you are putting in new I would like the old bead

Can add pictures just pulled out some from the window with cracked pane the glass has a plastic layer in middle found a place to get new glass.

thanks
Borden

Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 PM   #2

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
boler HEHR radius 4900 series or older glazing bead 1/2" front 1/6 notch 5/6 back at top grey colour looking for used product to match old beads have shrunken in length if you are putting in new I would like the old bead

Can add pictures just pulled out some from the window with cracked pane the glass has a plastic layer in middle found a place to get new glass.

thanks
Borden
Do post photo. I don't have a Boler but I have been redoing my windows and might have some glazing bead that matches.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #3

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Do post photo. I don't have a Boler but I have been redoing my windows and might have some glazing bead that matches.
GRATE!
Removed a strip will take a picture and send it my version of the Hrhe windows and seal does not seem to be in the time line
Photos will be up soon
Old 08-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

Ontario
Registry
bead for Hehr radius windows

The original Hehr window on our 78 17' boler all are 19 5/8" tall and the 3 wider windows are 55 3/4" wide. Glazing strip is 1/2" on the front face. They do not match the glazing strip from vintage trailers
Attached Thumbnails
Window glazing strip profile.jpg   Front window.jpg  

Small side windows.jpg  
Old 08-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
The two lager sliders and window drains

Windows 1978 hehr radius in our boler cont. rear and sink side windows
Attached Thumbnails
Rear window.jpg   DSC07540.jpg  

DSC07541.jpg  
Old 08-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #6

Washington
I don't have that bead on my widows but I have seen it for sale in various places on the internet. Here is one source. You might also find it on Ebay.
http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_...085&Return=303
Old 08-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #7

Washington
I see that you also need some weep hole covers. It is not difficult to make new ones.

I have some similar weep hole covers on my Sunrader although a little narrower in width. I was able to make replacement covers with some thin aluminum. That metal can be formed around a block of wood. A pair of workshop scissors will cut the aluminum. To adhere it in place I used the gel superglue from the Gorilla Glue company. It adheres very well to aluminum. That particular super glue has some rubber in the formula which makes it shock resistant. They have been on there going on 4 summers now and are still holding strong.

The original weep hole covers appeared to have been made of styrene plastic and failed from UV damage. I used some thin aluminum from a hobby supply but even pop or beer cans will work just fine for the job as the bends give the piece of metal some strength.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Window drains

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
I see that you also need some weep hole covers. It is not difficult to make new ones.

I have some similar weep hole covers on my Sunrader although a little narrower in width. I was able to make replacement covers with some thin aluminum. That metal can be formed around a block of wood. A pair of workshop scissors will cut the aluminum. To adhere it in place I used the gel superglue from the Gorilla Glue company. It adheres very well to aluminum. That particular super glue has some rubber in the formula which makes it shock resistant. They have been on there going on 4 summers now and are still holding strong.

The original weep hole covers appeared to have been made of styrene plastic and failed from UV damage. I used some thin aluminum from a hobby supply but even pop or beer cans will work just fine for the job as the bends give the piece of metal some strength.
Got some weep covers the right size but the clips are to close wil try to cut them and glue them into the correct position first if works will paint them to match the windows also got black glazing they only have black and white we really would prefer grey the original colour but will have to do the repairs with what is available to us.

Have new seals to use on the shower door and the entry door will install them when the rain stops.

Just ordered a new counter for the kitchen and arbrite to cover the table top as well as to go over the stove splash.

Will strip the stove of the ugly black paint and try to restore it to the original metal finish if not to damaged. Otherwise will pick a nice off white to match the walls
Old 08-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #9

Ontario
Registry
Purchased a full replacement amount of black glazing bead to replace our old grey bead could not get any grey.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #10

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Purchased a full replacement amount of black glazing bead to replace our old grey bead could not get any grey.
Can you list the source and stock number of the bead you used, this wood help others who are looking for something that at least works to repair their windows...