Help - Does anyone have a spare fridge? - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #1

Name: Owen
Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Alberta
Registry
Help - Does anyone have a spare fridge?

My fridge quit last week, just before we planned to leave on holidays. This isn't in our Dolphin, but is a larger unit in a fifth wheel. Does anyone have a Dometic RM2611 fridge in your garage? It is about 22" wide by 50" tall and has separate doors for the fridge and the freezer.
A new one is about $2100.00 and that would eat up my holiday budget for this year. I'm hoping to find a used one for less than that. We are in the Calgary, Alberta area.

Thank You.

Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:48 PM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Fridge, go on line and look for good used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Lindsay View Post
My fridge quit last week, just before we planned to leave on holidays. This isn't in our Dolphin, but is a larger unit in a fifth wheel. Does anyone have a Dometic RM2611 fridge in your garage? It is about 22" wide by 50" tall and has separate doors for the fridge and the freezer.
A new one is about $2100.00 and that would eat up my holiday budget for this year. I'm hoping to find a used one for less than that. We are in the Calgary, Alberta area.

Thank You.
: check RV's and Campers in CL and see if anyone has a good used one for sale, I know there are places on the Vancouver CL that advertise them all the time and some are good used 2dr like the one your looking for but u had better have the right measurement or you might end up with one that is to big for the Hole!
THere is a Place on King Rd. in Abbotsford that sells them for less than $2100 so maybe check with them first, it is only a 2 day drive from Calgary and if your a young guy and your wife is not afraid of driving and towing then you can do it in one day.
Stude

Old 07-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #3

Alberta
Registry
Spare fridge

Thanks for the suggestions Peter. CL in the Calgary area is a poor performer, but I posted it anyway and on Kijij.i I got a response in under two hours.
I got a call from a rural Pastor who bought an older Kustom Koach which he stripped out to make a storage trailer. The dimension are close, but it is a candidate for the "Ugliest Fridge contest" if we ever had one!
I plugged it into 110v and set a cup of water in the freezer. Within two hours
it was frozen solid!
The trip out to pick it up was pleasant and he was only 135 km away. The real "icing" on the project was that it was free!
Thank you everybody.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:52 AM   #4

Alberta
Registry
Spare Fridge

Thanks everyone for the advice and the suggestions. I received two responses from kijiji.ca locally and just installed a replacement today.
My first call was from a rural pastor who had purchased a mid 1970's Kustom Koach to use for storage. He removed the fridge last fall and put it in a storage shed. He plugged it in and used it for extra refreshments this spring, but decided that he needed the space, so listed it for free. It wasn't an exact fit, but was 6" too tall. I brought it home anyway and plugged it into 110v and it immediately froze a cup of water.
My second response was from a person in my own neighborhood who had a large tree limb crush his 26' trailer last fall. He allowed us to come look at it, and he tested it overnight for us and it worked well. This is the one we installed today. We are now happy campers (literally)

Tags
fridge