here is a new 6" AC unit - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
here is a new 6" AC unit

Window A/C Unit That's Less Than 6 Inches Tall
this is a referral, I see where people are looking for the smaller AC units so here is one I just came across.
Stude

stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13
IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Window A/C Unit That's Less Than 6 Inches Tall
this is a referral, I see where people are looking for the smaller AC units so here is one I just came across.
Stude
It is worth noting that this product is over a year behind on their kickstarter promised "available date" and it has yet to be actually available and tested. It is a neat idea, but at this point it still is just that.

Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #3

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I've been watching this with great interest myself! But, I'm beginning to think it's like one of those "if it sounds too good to be true..."
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
It weighs 30 pounds, only operates horizontally, has no adaptor for RV windows, and sounds like its actual appearance is still pending. Although it shows 5 stars in the article, sounds like no one has bought one yet and rated it.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Still holding my breath. I have been following this one since late 2015. At that time it was on indiegogo.com.
Pre order now to get yours in June 2016, June 2017, June 2018, June 2019......
Old 07-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
It weighs 30 pounds, only operates horizontally, has no adaptor for RV windows, and sounds like its actual appearance is still pending. Although it shows 5 stars in the article, sounds like no one has bought one yet and rated it.
:after reading all these answers sounds like a gimmick to get your dollars so they can pay the rent?
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:40 AM   #7

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
It is still not yet available. They have had many productions problems. The unit is now larger than it started out to be in the kickstarter campaign. Another thing that happened is they had to change the name, most likely someoneone else had the Noria name claimed as their own.Here is the link to their current website:

https://www.kapsulair.com/

It would be nice to have one but I am glad I stayed sitting on the fence and did not commit my funds because it is still very much an unknown as to if it will ever get produced.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: looking
Saskatchewan
Don't hold your breath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
...Another thing that happened is they had to change the name, most likely someoneone else had the Noria name claimed as their own.
More likely it looks like a way to steal more money and never produce anything.

The Kickstarter raised over a million dollars, and they claimed there over 2 years ago that they had shipped the first production run versions to all the backers. Yet the most recent comments, one today even, from a backer suggests that they never shipped to the backers.

Now you link the Indiegogo page (launched about the same time but with a different name), also closed over 2 years ago, where they raised over 2 million dollars.

It screams scam. Come on, almost FOUR MILLION DOLLARS raised (way over the goal needed to deliver) and over 2 years late on delivering with little to show but exaggerated claims and excuses ? You do the math.
far-trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #9

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
California
...on indiegogo.com. then on KickStarter where 3,715 backers pledged $1,468,736 (almost 6 times goal) and now it's here:

https://www.kapsulair.com/pre-order

with pre-orders promised delivery Spring 2019... (and half the links on the page don't work.)

Scam is a four letter word that comes to mind.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point" -- C.S. Lewis
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: boler
Ontario
Here's an alternative:
You may laugh at this but here goes. I bought 2 of those Arctic Air cubes "as seen on TV". You'll never get 5,000 btu or a fraction. But with 2 fans blowing softly over a membrane containing ice water, they actually cool pretty well if they're in your face. Especially considering the fact that they only use 350 watts. If boon docking you can run them for about 7 hours on a fully charged cell phone charger. They are way better than nothing. They keep me quite comfortable.
Scatlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #11

Name: Dan
Trailer: looking
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlink View Post
Here's an alternative:

...Arctic Air cubes "as seen on TV".
Yep, as long as it's a dry heat they work great. But like the home DIY Swamp Coolers, in a high humidity situation though they live up to their name
far-trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #12

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
A lot of the crowd funding ideas run right smack into the reality of the limits of trying to keep both the size and cost of a unit affordable.

If it was that easy to produce a much smaller window AC then GE and Fridgedaire and other companies would already be selling them because there is a huge market for such products. It is certainly not the case that they are too dumb to think of the concept of making smaller AC units. They have the designers, the engineers, the product development funds and the manufacturing facilities. Ideas come easy, constraints are what is hard to overcome.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #13

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
k. corbin: I agree. It doesn't have to be a deliberate scam to be a no-go. Reality has a way of insisting on itself in spite of optimism and large (small?) ideas.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #14

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
California
k corbin & Kai, I agree with you both, my question is: "Where's the money?"

I've put money in a few crowdfunding things; one I got the item almost on time, one several months late, and the third? Well I got almost nothing for my $300. I look at it more as gambling than an investment, and surely some people putting their invention out there have more optimism than savvy.

Others have no intention of actually producing anything other than hype. Those are the scammers. It this AC unit a scam? I don't know for sure. It's interesting that they are still taking pre-orders when they apparently have yet to deliver anything.

Money solves a lot of problems, and crowfunding got them almost 6 times their goal... and yet they are extremely overdue on shipping the product. Are they solving problems with that nearly 1.5 million dollars, or are they living the good life on other people's dime?

There is a huge lack of communication and transparency, and I don't see any problems being solved.

The adage "buyer beware" certainly applies here.

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point" -- C.S. Lewis
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote