Wanted: Lil Bigfoot power Cable Hatch - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 13'
Oregon
Registry
Lil Bigfoot power Cable Hatch

I'm in need of a new power cable hatch before the rain and rodents set in. The existing one is 3.5 in square with 4 screws on 3 in centers the center hole is 2.5 inches in diameter. Do other older trailers have the same style part? Anyone know where to get one like mine?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0241.jpg  

Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

Oregon
Registry
I think I found it but I'm having trouble finding a source. I believe the part no. is JR S-20-14-A. I don't think it's original to the trailer because it doesn't have square inset heads on the screws just the standard phillips.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #3

Name: Slawek
Trailer: custom
California
Here U go; Cord Port New Style (After 2003)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Kathy that power hatch is a pretty standard item - you should be able to pick it up off the shelf at most RV shops.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #5

British Columbia
Registry
There is a square one like yours in this RV Cataloge.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #6

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
There is a square one like yours in this RV Cataloge.
Carol,

That is exactly what I want only state side and locally they are switching to a different style with a different hole pattern. I think I've found one that I won't have to pay too much shipping on. ( Some places want two arms if you have a small order.)
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Kathy you should be able to go to any RV shop and have them bring it in for you if they dont already have one on the shelf. The company that makes them is a US company.

I see there are a number of online places in the US you can find them. Here are just a few of them:

RVPlus.com

Discountrvpartsdirect.com

Dyersonline.com
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #8

Oregon
Registry
Carol, You are correct about larger metro areas and being able to walk in and get something off the shelf. I love where I live but it does make some things more difficult. On the oregon coast we even get our own different delivery date, UPS always adds an extra day just to get things to us

Thanks for all the links. I had missed most of those, and bookmarked them for future reference.

Thanks to Chuck at
Fiberglass Travel Trailers RV

I have ordered one for a reasonable price.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #9

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRubyLu-Kathy View Post
it doesn't have square inset heads on the screws just the standard phillips.
The square inset are probably Robertson heads. Wikipedia has a story on the history of this screw head that goes beyond that of dealing with Henry Ford. Blame the Brits!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screw_drives

Plus there are others I have not seen or recognized as being different, an interesting read.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #10

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Kathy, I don't know where on the Oregon Coast you're located, but Gibbs RV in Coos Bay are great people and have offered support of the Oregon Gathering... just in case you're looking for local parts, repair, etc.... in fact, they used to be Bigfoot dealers and brought a couple of brand new Bigfoots down to the Oregon Gathering for the participants to view!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #11

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
The square inset are probably Robertson heads. Wikipedia has a story on the history of this screw head that goes beyond that of dealing with Henry Ford. Blame the Brits!

List of screw drives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus there are others I have not seen or recognized as being different, an interesting read.
That explains why I have so many of them on my trailer. It was made in Canada.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #12

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Kathy, I don't know where on the Oregon Coast you're located, but Gibbs RV in Coos Bay are great people and have offered support of the Oregon Gathering... just in case you're looking for local parts, repair, etc.... in fact, they used to be Bigfoot dealers and brought a couple of brand new Bigfoots down to the Oregon Gathering for the participants to view!
Donna, I wish they still sold Bigfoot trailers, now all they sell is larger stuff. I did check there and was told they don't carry that style anymore. I think the customer service on the inside sales on both of our Coos Bay dearlerships needs some work. I do understand that they don't get much call for the older styles here since Coos County is one of those places where big seems to be better.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
One thing to remember is that the kind of cord port shown provides a natural highway for insects and mice and etc to run up the cord and into your trailer.

Are you sure you want to continue to do that?

Marinco makes a different style which is completely sealed. Google it to see what it looks like. (Yes is VERY different)

I changed the system on my Boler (before I sold it) from what you show to the Marinco system. My "new" Bigfoot came with the Marinco system already on it, but I would have immediately changed to the Marinco system if it it hadn't already been there.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #14

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
One thing to remember is that the kind of cord port shown provides a natural highway for insects and mice and etc to run up the cord and into your trailer. .
Are you sure you want to continue to do that? Long term probably not, short term yes I want the existing broken one replaced with something that fits what is already there. I don't want to have to drill any new holes for attachment or anything until I learn a little more and actually get to camp in it.

Marinco makes a different style which is completely sealed. Google it to see what it looks like. (Yes is VERY different) Marinco makes a lot of things which one is what you have?

Tags
bigfoot