Looking for awning for 13' scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #15

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
And it's not anymore fragile than the Catalina, in fact, in my humble opinion it's less fragile as it's much easier to use. You don't have to screw around with it, just crank it in and out.

Mine has been on my Scamp for 13 full years and used contantly. I rarely camp without deploying the awning. I love the feel of an extra room and sitting out in the rain/dew without getting wet, chilling with a cup of coffee.

And Yes Floyd it's a Horizon but it's the same thing as the Fiamma except different fabric. In fact, my fabric is heavier guage than the Fiamma....that's it.

Again IMHO it's well worth the extra cost.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #16

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Scott View Post
am looking to replace my 13 ft scamp Catalina 2500 awning next spring. It's in good condition, but a bit difficult for me to set up/take down by myself.
Marilyn, you going to be at the Oregon Gathering in July next year?? That would be Bandon.

I'll show you mine or if you see a Casita owner any time sooner ask them to show you their awning and how it operates. It's the absolute easiest for us women to use. I have a height issue with regards to any of the Fiberglass trailers and the use of an awning, as do most women I know. I'm not about to use a step stool to operate an awning, in fact it's most likely not possible because somehow you've got to deploy the legs in the process.

Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, scamp