Wanted: Looking for UHaul Bin - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #1

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Looking for UHaul Bin

I'm looking for the bin that goes in the compartment nearest the door on a CT13. The two front bins are the same. My bin evidently was lost when the swamp cooler was installed.

I'd also love to have the original under sink liner, if one is out there.

Tom

Old 01-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We are missing a couple bins also, left front and rear. The under sink liner is quite small, it gives very little storage room. I have removed ours [not for sale], along with the water tank and all hoses, which makes for much more storage space. I lay in carpet remnants to prevent any damage to the fiberglass hull if any of the items in the storage area bounce around. It appears that our Uhaul is one of the earlier production models that was not originally equipped with the cabinet liners, as there are no latches on the under sink and overhead cabinets, although there is evidence that they were on the doors at one time. We are somewhere between trying to maintain originality as much as possible, and enhancing function. The pump and tank are missing for the swamp cooler but i'm not sure if I want to remove the roof unit. Same with the solar panel, according to the Uhaul repair manual they are not intended to recharge the battery so it's practically useless, but I'll probably leave it on. Wonder what's the chance of finding a junked one of these trailers to salvage parts from. According to the RV dealer that sold us ours on consignment for the previous owner, he was going to paint it camoflage and put it out in the woods for a hunting shack. At least we saved it from that fate. Bob

Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #3

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We are missing a couple bins also, left front and rear. The under sink liner is quite small, it gives very little storage room. I have removed ours [not for sale], along with the water tank and all hoses, which makes for much more storage space. I lay in carpet remnants to prevent any damage to the fiberglass hull if any of the items in the storage area bounce around. It appears that our Uhaul is one of the earlier production models that was not originally equipped with the cabinet liners, as there are no latches on the under sink and overhead cabinets, although there is evidence that they were on the doors at one time. We are somewhere between trying to maintain originality as much as possible, and enhancing function. The pump and tank are missing for the swamp cooler but i'm not sure if I want to remove the roof unit. Same with the solar panel, according to the Uhaul repair manual they are not intended to recharge the battery so it's practically useless, but I'll probably leave it on. Wonder what's the chance of finding a junked one of these trailers to salvage parts from. According to the RV dealer that sold us ours on consignment for the previous owner, he was going to paint it camoflage and put it out in the woods for a hunting shack. At least we saved it from that fate. Bob
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of removing my swamp cooler. I have all the parts and they all work. I may sell it on eBay, though I'm tempted to keep the pump to use for the fresh water system.

Re the solar charger, I intend to leave it for now, but may remove the controller and add a blocking diode. I believe that it is so small that it will not overcharge a full size battery and with no controller it will deliver more charge to the battery.

Good info on the under sink liner. I'm working on adding shelves there which I'll post pictures of later, but thought the original liner might be nicer - guess not.

Good for you for rescuing your egg!

I'd still like to get the front liner if anyone has one to sell or trade.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #4

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
I just wanted to bump this request as we have a few new UHaul owners on board.

If you want to part with one of your front liners, please let me know.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #5

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Another bump as we have had a number of new UHauls owners this year.

I'm still looking for a front bin, though I have decided against the under sink bin as being too small to be practical.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #6

Name: Sofs and David
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul ct 13
Quebec
Hey Tom, 'original under sink liner' is the bin next to the cooler, is that it? and it has a door right?

How about the 'top bins with doors' in your experience do they ever come up for grabs.
In the same line, do you know if people (including yourself) were ever successful at fixing the doors. It seems that where the screws are in the plastic it is dry and is cracking. I just don't see how I could remold that with new plastic??

Anyway we bought our first U-Haul 2 months ago and for some crazy reason we just bought a second one yesterday. For now I have one of the cooler that I could sale but may have other 'parts wanted' or 'for sale' soon. I will post them here. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #7

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofs and David View Post
Hey Tom, 'original under sink liner' is the bin next to the cooler, is that it? and it has a door right?
Yea, that is the one, but I changed my mind - I'm not looking for an under sink liner anymore. I'm just looking for a front bin.

Quote:
How about the 'top bins with doors' in your experience do they ever come up for grabs.
In the same line, do you know if people (including yourself) were ever successful at fixing the doors. It seems that where the screws are in the plastic it is dry and is cracking. I just don't see how I could remold that with new plastic??
People from time to time swap out the doors, often for nicely faced plywood. You may want to post a picture of your cabinet screw holes so we can understand the exact issue.

Quote:
Anyway we bought our first U-Haul 2 months ago and for some crazy reason we just bought a second one yesterday. For now I have one of the cooler that I could sale but may have other 'parts wanted' or 'for sale' soon. I will post them here. Thanks!
Looking forward to your pictures and posts. So, do you have any front bins?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Fixing the top cabinet doors; is it possible to cut open the edge and insert a piece of wood the right thickness? We only have one front bin, and one rear, two are missing. Much more storage space without them. I lined the space with carpet or carpet pad. And without the bins in place you can see leaks easier, like from around the marker lights, windows, or seams.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM   #9

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
......... Much more storage space without them. I lined the space with carpet or carpet pad. And without the bins in place you can see leaks easier, like from around the marker lights, windows, or seams.
Right - a great reason to sell me your old one.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #10

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofs and David View Post

MS. Sofs and MR. David,
On a CT I own I replaced all the doors with 3/8 " marine plywood and
added oak veneer to them. You could go fancier with burl wood or what ever. If you do that measure the door dimensions large enough to cover the liners (do not use Burro dimensions from their manual, I learned that the hard way!) New hinges are cheap and readily available. If you want to keep the original UHaul doors Mr. Bob's suggestion is right on with fiber-glassing and a repaint to the original color. I just like the look better with wood but some folks don't, I know.

Curious to see how long Mr. Tom will have to wait on a bin liner as many
of them might soon become available from a/c installations going on in that lower door side bin.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #11

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Curious to see how long Mr. Tom will have to wait on a bin liner as many
of them might soon become available from a/c installations going on in that lower door side bin.
Original request - 1/1/2012
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #12

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post

Original request - 1/1/2012
Tom, have you thought of attempting to find someone who can clone the one you have. I am looking around here to see about having a second rear bin made. If I find someone I will get them to quote doing a front one for you.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #13

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post

Tom, have you thought of attempting to find someone who can clone the one you have. I am looking around here to see about having a second rear bin made. If I find someone I will get them to quote doing a front one for you.
Thanks. At this point it is a "nice to have", not a priority.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #14

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
I'm only missing the front left bin, but that is where I keep bulky things like an extra hub in a sturdy box and a large plastic tote for gray water if ever needed.
Would like to have the front left bin to complete them if they ever pop up for sale.

Tags
uhaul