For Sale: Metal Boler Emblem(s) - Reproduction... - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Metal Boler Emblem(s) - Reproduction...

On Ebay:

Cast Metal Boler Trailer Emblem Reproduction of The Original | eBay

I owned a 1970 Boler that never came with the cast metal "Boler" emblems above the front and rear windows. Any examples I found were always broken or badly pitted. The originals were pot metal and then chromed and would have been quite costly back then for Boler to have these produced. I thought of a sticker (and used one) but they just don't hold up in the heat and weather and are not original. I wanted the best available option with these and metal was the only way to go.

So..... I went out found a metal foundry on Ontario, Canada that would use one of the originals as mould to cast new ones. It was not cheap, and I had to pay for about a dozen to make it worth their while. I mailed out one of the original emblems and had them cast about a dozen out of ZA-12 zinc alloy. Once cast, they shipped them back and I went through the pain staking cast of deburring and removing excess material from the rough cast. My original plan was to see how the first set made out and then order another run of them to offer them up to the Boler Community. But....... the labor involved to finish them off is way too much work to make it worth while and I have since sold my Boler. It took me about 2 years to finally get out to the shop and spend the time to finish the casts. I have about 6 left to sell and try to re-coup some of my costs, then they are gone for good.

The ZA-12 alloy used will never rust or pit like the originals one did. I was going to sand mine down and polish to a shine as they would polish up very nicely. These ones have the surface left unsanded as they came out of the mould. I have cleaned up the excess material from the cast, deburred them and sprayed them with a light coat of high quality metallic silver silver. Holes have been drilled in the location where they were on the originals. The removal of the excess meterial is tedious and is done with a Dremel and files so there is the occasional mark (as in the photos). But trust me from, from a foot these look awesome on a Boler!

Auction is for one emblem only and I guess I am testing the waters with the first one. If you win the auction and want another, please contact me and perhaps we can work something out, but for now the highest bidder wins! I will list the rest in other auctions.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2

Oops, forgot some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
rough.JPG   IMG_9796_1.JPG  

IMG_9797_1.JPG   IMG_9798_1.JPG  

Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #3

Listed another today. Get it while its hot:

Cast Metal Boler Trailer Emblem Reproduction of The Original | eBay
Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #4

Name: ronnie
Trailer: boler
Arizona
Still have any of these?
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #5

Name: ronnie
Trailer: boler
Arizona
Still have these for sale?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #6

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Kurt hasn't been around for a while: Last Activity: 11-15-2013 02:42 PM He posted on Facebook (a while back) he was done with these...
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #7

I have a few of these emblems left. Keeping 2 for myself. These were just too costly and time consuming for me have them made so selling them off and trying to re-coup my investment. Here is the latest auction and I will list them till gone...only 3 or 4 left. If you do not use Ebay (send me a PM - but the price will likely be higher than the auction price).

Ebay: Cast Metal Boler Trailer Emblem Reproduction of The Original | eBay
Old 03-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #8

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
Hi Kurt

I would like to buy a pair of these if you would

Sell a pair what would you be asking for them

Thanks Chuck
Old 03-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #9

I was going to put the rest up for $55 USD each on Ebay (plus $7 USD to ship them both). The last one sold in about 2 hours for $55 USD so figured I would just list under one Buy it Now auction.

I will hold off on the auction for now, but let me know. PayPal works the best for me.

thanks.

- Kurt
Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 AM   #10

if you buy a pair I will say 100 USD for the set plus the $7 USD shipping as I save on Ebay listing fees

thanks.

- Kurt
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #11

All Sold. Thanks.

Tags
boler