Need Awning for 2007 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #1

Need Awning for 2007 13' Scamp

Looking for an awning for a 2007 13' Scamp.
Any ideas where to find one?
Thanks, everyone!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #2

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Hi,
I saw your post and hope I can help. As far as used awnings, sometimes they come up here but not that often. You could keep looking.

Scamp sells the Fiamma awning which would be 8 ft for a 13, but it's around 975 bucks plus their mounting brackets. I personally am going to buy a 7 ft classic bag awning from shademaker awnings. Around 190 dollars, but not the quality of a Fiamma I would expect. I've read about A &E, domestic trim line geez there's all sorts. Some folks here skip the awning and get a 10 by 10 or greater EZ up.

If you are interested in any more detail, I'm happy to help.

Sincerely,
Wendy

Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Hey! Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to check it out!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #4

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Scamp is now selling the Fiamma F45 crank out awning but I have been looking at the Fiamma F-35 Pro. It looks like it may work on a S-13 for a lot less $ than the F-45. I have not seen one but it appears to be more of a manual awning like the Catalina awning. It does look like it stores in a nice case though. They build them near Orlando Fl.
Eddie
Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #5

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Hi Eddie,
Ever since you posted about the Fiamma F35 Pro I've been doing a bit of reading. It would appear from their website that it installs with an awning rail. 1.83 meters long, about 17 pounds or so. Are you still thinking about it? Do you think we'd need brackets of some sort or would the rail do?

Wendy
Old 03-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #6

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Wendy Lee
The F-35 Pro and the Catalina awnings are/were used on smaller class B van campers. It looks like the F-35 Pro fits into an awning rail but its back looks to be bolted to the vehicle/mount. Check out this site it looks like the VW mount would be best to bolt to a Scamp to get the back of the awning vertical. Most case awnings are made to install with the back on a vertical surface. I made contact with the factory in Orlando Fl. and they offered to let me take a look at one being built but I was never close to the Factory during working hours on my recent Fla. trip. I want to actually take a look at one (F-35) before I buy one. The F-45 just looks to be an overkill to me on a S-13.
Fiamma F35 Pro Awnings for vans, trucks & campers
Eddie

Tags
awning, scamp