For Sale: Norseman Sunburst awning from Bigfoot - 9'8" x 7'4" - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #1

Name: Keith
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (gone) 1985 Bigfoot
Alberta
Norseman Sunburst awning from Bigfoot - 9'8" x 7'4"

We have replaced the awning on our 1985 Bigfoot with something that my wife is able to set up herself. This is the type of awning that slides into a fixed awning rail on the camper. Note you will have to have your own awning rail or install one.

It is 9'8" long (so fits on a 10' awning rail) with a 7'4" projection. The awning is nearly as-new, being rarely used. I have 3 poles (2 original vintage, and one lesser quality replacement) and guy wires. Very sturdy awning. Beige background with the brown coloured stripes. Fantastic vintage look for your period trailer.

I am located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. You can pick up the whole lot locally, or I could possibly ship just the awning without poles if you are interested (or the whole lot if you want to pay the shipping). Within Canada, could all go Greyhound.

$150 + ship + Paypal obo.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #2

Alberta
Still have this - ready for spring (for those that have those thoughts in their head!)

Thanks,
Keith

Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #3

Alberta
Spring has sprung! I know we're a couple of months behind many of you Awning is still available.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #4

Name: Z
Trailer: 74 Beachcomber
British Columbia
where are you shipping from - could I come to you instead?
Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #5

Alberta
I am in NW Calgary. I travel to interior BC (Kimberley, Salmon Arm) as well.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi! Can you tell me what size awning rail this would fit in? Is it in good shape?

thanks

Linda
Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #7

Alberta
Hi Linda, we are off camping for the weekend, so I will reply to your questions tonight when we are back home. Cheers! Keith
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #8

Alberta
Hi Linda,

My apologies for the delay - we got back later last night than I anticipated, but the hot springs beckoned.

The awning rail "opening" (tough to describe - the round part the awning slides in to?) is about 7 mm (a tad over 1/4") so it slides into a standard 3/8" opening awning rail such as the part # BM-3708 from here: http://www.extrude-a-trim.com/alumin...awning-rail/54

The awning is a little under 10' long, and the rail that was on our camper was ~11' long.

The awning honestly looks like it's been rarely used - so it pretty much just has about 25 years of sitting folded, out of the sun and the elements as it's only signs of age. As you can see from the pictures, it's creased from storage, but otherwise, no rips, tears, wear, sun damage or brittleness.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #9

Alberta
Still have this in the attic.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #10

Name: Fred
Ontario
Do you still have this? Ours is exact same name Sunburst by "Norseman Awnings"... is this for a rollout awning?? (can it be loaded onto my existing frame and springloaded roller?).

If not, know of anyone in Ontario who does a good job of replacment of fabric?

Fred Johnston, Ontario, Canada
Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #11

Alberta
Hi Fred,

Still have it. This awning wasn't a roll up, but rather slid into an awning rail and was stood up by poles. The awning material itself is fairly heavy, not like a fabric.

i can't be sure if it will replace yours, however here's a page that may give some indication. In the roll-up awaning typically instead of the cord fitting into the awning rail, it fits into a groove on the roller. Likely the grooves are the same size as the awaning rails, and you would slide the old fabric out and slide the new fabric in. The diameter of the groove in the roller is what would matter.

RV Awning Replacement Fabric

This one may be a tad on the detailed side!
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/aespring.pdf

If your awning 'fabric' is close to the same size, this could be made to work. Without the poles, it would be straighforward to ship it.

I hope that helps,
Keith
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #12

Name: Fred
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
Hi Fred,

Still have it. This awning wasn't a roll up, but rather slid into an awning rail and was stood up by poles. The awning material itself is fairly heavy, not like a fabric.

i can't be sure if it will replace yours, however here's a page that may give some indication. In the roll-up awaning typically instead of the cord fitting into the awning rail, it fits into a groove on the roller. Likely the grooves are the same size as the awaning rails, and you would slide the old fabric out and slide the new fabric in. The diameter of the groove in the roller is what would matter.

RV Awning Replacement Fabric

This one may be a tad on the detailed side!
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/aespring.pdf

If your awning 'fabric' is close to the same size, this could be made to work. Without the poles, it would be straighforward to ship it.

I hope that helps,
Keith
i would need the outer edge (where the holes for the poles) to have a slip groove down the entire length similar to the trailer edge... I can't see it well enough to see if it might have that... does it? What about if i were to cut it before the pole holes... up where it drops down a few inches... at that seam, would it work to put the rope down?

Thanks!
Fred Johnston
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #13

Alberta
Fred,

It doesn't have a matching groove on out the outer edge. I could see how one could be added fairly easily if you trimmed the edge, and then had it sewn. The trailer side groove is a piece of rope sewn in, so could be replicated on the outer edge after some trimming. I'll try and get a better picture of both edges for comparison.

Cheers,
Keith
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #14

Alberta
Sorry Fred - I took some pictures, I just haven't got them off the camera yet!

Cheers,
Keith

Tags
awning, bigfoot