Wanted: Propane furnace and stove top - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 72 Boler 1300
Saskatchewan
Question Propane furnace and stove top

Im in the Middle of restoring my 72 Boler 1300 and it has no furnace in it and the burner dials dont turn.but stove is there.(so maybe just valves?)BUt looking for a propane furnace moslty.. if someone knows of a website or business that sells ones that will fit, or has a used one id greatly buy it off your hands. It has to be a shallow furnace tho no more then eight inchs it looks like.or unless it goes up and over the wheel well..not sure just a hole where it was..Thanks.. Im located in Saskatchewan and dont mind driving.
Please send me a message or help a fellow Bolerer with some info.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #2

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Not sure if this helps but this the furnace thats in my Scamp. . You should be able to purchase through most RV supply stores. Mine is placed high enough that the back part of it extends over the wheel well.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #3

Saskatchewan
Kinda does ill have to look further into it.. now that i have some dimensions ill go measure it out.. But thanks for the info. and obviously only gets warm out the front?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Yes it has a built in fan that blows out to the front. Its an auto light so all you need to do is make sure the propane tank is open and turn on the wall thermostat to light it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Boler View Post
Kinda does ill have to look further into it.. now that i have some dimensions ill go measure it out.. But thanks for the info. and obviously only gets warm out the front?
FYI
I did some temperature measurements on mine (Scamp with Surban Furnace). At no place around the front could I find any place hot enough to ignite paper or cloth. I found one spot that if you held your hand on it long enough you could be a burn about like a sunburn. Skin usually burns at 145F.

Also this furnace has a separate combustion chamber that is exhausted outside. If look at any trailer, any brand and find two ports about 3" in diameter that's the furnace. One is air intake and other is the exhaust. I didn't do a thermal test at the exhaust.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #6

Name: hue
Trailer: 1971 boler owner
Saskatchewan
working propane furnace pulled out of my 71 boler

hi

so i have a working propane furnace that I jut pulled out of my 71 boler 1300. It is not the original furnace, but is an 1997 Atwood Hydroflame II 8912
(12,000 btu), a good furnace and the company is still selling them and offering parts and service.

I know it fit and worked in my trailer. Even if you are not interested in the furnace I could send you a couple photos to get an idea how it was installed and where. One of these photos show where it was located in the rear dinette , you can see the brown cover, it vented directly outside.

anyway I am in redoing my 71, and I have some other parts that I do not need, maybe you have parts to trade or just need some misc piece of hardware I wont use or bother selling. I think we are in the same neck of the woods
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace uninstalled.jpg   Atwood Hydro Flame.jpg  

boler rear.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #7

Saskatchewan
Thanks this is all helping.. but my furnace was origanally under the sink where you have a cubboard door.. so i dont know.. thats a storage area on my boler..im slowly figuring it out.. where you located? im outta Saskatoon
Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i do not know what the output of the furnace is in my new scamp,,,,but that sucker would heat a lot more then i got,,,wheeeeeaaauuuuuu it gets toasty

Tags
furnace, propane