Replacing curtains, Casita - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #1
Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Replacing curtains, Casita

I am looking for some curtains for a 1998 16' unit. Some of the ones in it are worn out. I'd like to just replace the bad ones. If you have replaced curtains and have any to get rid of I'm interested. I don't need a whole set.
Contact me at.

Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
If your request doesn't net you anything useful, you can look on Craigslist for local seamstresses. Most could whip you up some nice curtains custom-fit, and you could choose your fabric.

You can look in the Search portion of FGRV (bottom blank, fill in the word, curtains, not top blank would work best) to see what kinds of things people have done.

Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #3
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
I call myself the "Gleeful Glamper" because I love to change up the look of my 13' Scamp according to our destination or my whim. The simplest way to change up the look of your trailer interior is with curtains and pillows. See some of my photos here. You can also look up some of my previous postings on this topic by doing a FGRV "Search", click on the "Search" button and scroll down to the "Google" Search and enter the words "Gilda curtains" and you will find my posts. If you enter "curtains" you will get others' posts.

Basically, curtains are simple beginner sewing projects. They are just a rectangle with the edges turned under and sewn. If you don't sew, ask someone who does. Even the person who does alterations at your cleaners can do this project. You can take window measurements or give the seamstress the old curtain(s).

I chose to make curtain panels because I like the translucent curtains in the middle as they let in the light, yet provide privacy. Too much window area covered with print can be overwhelming in a small space. By making panels I can "change out" the look easily. I always make two matching pillowcases with zippers for easy changing of inner pillow forms.

You may need to order special "tape" to fit the curtain track in your trailer. You can find these online. My trailer has curtain rods.

Whatever you decide, I wish you good luck. I will be glad to advise you if you PM (private message) me.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Southwest Decor 2013 006.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 031.jpg  

The Gleeful Glamper
Gilda (Jill-da)
"Here we go again on another amazing adventure"
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro
I also like to make and replace the old curtains in our trailer. Because I like to add thermal backing to help with the heat and the cold.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote