Snap-N-Nap Bed Platform for Sunrader/Amerigo - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2016, 11:48 PM   #1

Name: Stewart
Trailer: Sunrader
Washington
Snap-N-Nap Bed Platform for Sunrader/Amerigo

Hey Folks!
I have a 1984 Nissan Sunrader that was a custom factory order with a snap-n-nap rear folding bed. This is the same feature (bought by Gardener Pacific) as was found on late 1970s Amerigo slide-ins/trailers. The previous owner of my Sunrader removed the bed platform (fiberglass, metal frame, hinge, folding sides and left the rear door in place essentially making the camper a giant hatchback. I like it that way (nice open air feel in the dinette when open on a nice day). I don't want to send the platform pieces to the dump though so I thought I'd see if anyone out here could use it.
The bed measures 69.5" X 49" X 4" deep. It's pretty heavy so local pickup in/near Seattle. There is a nice YouTube of how the folding bed works if you google "snap-n-nap". I can email pics. But if you need this or part of it you know it. Let me know if you do or spread the word!
Cheers,
Stewart

Old 04-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympicMtnBoy View Post
Hey Folks!
I have a 1984 Nissan Sunrader that was a custom factory order with a snap-n-nap rear folding bed. This is the same feature (bought by Gardener Pacific) as was found on late 1970s Amerigo slide-ins/trailers. The previous owner of my Sunrader removed the bed platform (fiberglass, metal frame, hinge, folding sides and left the rear door in place essentially making the camper a giant hatchback. I like it that way (nice open air feel in the dinette when open on a nice day). I don't want to send the platform pieces to the dump though so I thought I'd see if anyone out here could use it.
The bed measures 69.5" X 49" X 4" deep. It's pretty heavy so local pickup in/near Seattle. There is a nice YouTube of how the folding bed works if you google "snap-n-nap". I can email pics. But if you need this or part of it you know it. Let me know if you do or spread the word!
Cheers,
Stewart
Hi Stewart, nice of you to try to find someone that could use those parts. I hate getting rid of obsolete parts that someone else could use. You may want to go to a Sunrader site and offer them the info. Even though there are a couple Sunrader folks here, this site is aimed at molded fiberglass travel trailers. Unfortunately one of our members that was a Sunrader history book recently passed away. He would have been your answer man.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:23 PM   #3

Name: Stewart
Trailer: Sunrader
Washington
Thanks Dave,
As there were a lot more Amerigos with this feature than Sunraders (I have never seen another one except mine) I thought this was appropriate as there are Amerigo owners here too. I'm also posting to the toyotacampers yahoo group and forum but I didn't think it would hurt here and hope I have not offended. There is a lot of crossover for fiberglass trailer fanatics and fiberglass rv, slide-in, and 5th wheels! Anyone who wants this let me know!
Cheers,
Stewart
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
Hi, we're interested; dimensions sound like they'd fit perfectly, but we'll have to see pictures. Sent a PM to you...we live in the Renton Highlands and could easily come
to the Seattle area to pick it up.

On the sad side, I cannot find it in YouTube or on Google; I keep getting other subjects popping up. Would LOVE to watch the video!

Kai in Seattle (area)
Old 04-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #5

Washington
Registry
Hi, Stewart,

Thanks for sending us the link to see the YouTube video--our FG-16 amerigo 1973 trailer is the wrong model for this really cool snap-n-nap bed. Too bad!

Here's hoping you find it a good home--thanks for the generous offer!

Kai
Old 04-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympicMtnBoy View Post
Thanks Dave,
As there were a lot more Amerigos with this feature than Sunraders (I have never seen another one except mine) I thought this was appropriate as there are Amerigo owners here too. I'm also posting to the toyotacampers yahoo group and forum but I didn't think it would hurt here and hope I have not offended. There is a lot of crossover for fiberglass trailer fanatics and fiberglass rv, slide-in, and 5th wheels! Anyone who wants this let me know!
Cheers,
Stewart
Nope, nobody's offended here, just trying to get you to a bigger group .
Old 04-26-2016, 04:42 PM   #7

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe/'78 Trillium 1300
Arkansas
Registry
Here's the link:
http://youtu.be/_0F-db-AHv0

The concept is very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 04-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #8

Washington
Registry
Link to snap n nap video posted here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth C. View Post
Here's the link:
http://youtu.be/_0F-db-AHv0

The concept is very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Thank you for posting the link...I tried and tried and failed.
Why am I not surprised?

It IS a very interesting concept, isn't it!?

BEST
Kai
Old 05-14-2016, 04:35 AM   #9

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Amerigo
Oregon
You still got that platform? I know someone restoring one of the Amerigo truck campers that needs a snap-n-nap, because their unit is missing its, if the dimensions line up, that'll get them one step ahead . .

Tags
amerigo