Free U Haul Parts - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #15

Name: Marty
Trailer: 85 U-Haul CT
Ohio
Has anyone been able to reach Mary? She was going to save the stove and hood for me. Have left 2 PMs and 2 phone msgs. I have someone who was avail to pu in Chicago for me, but can't seem to get a hold of her. Hopefully she is okay

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #16

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Black View Post
Really happy that these items are going to good use. Everyone around me is telling me to pitch them, but I couldn't.

Hi Mary...did you get my message asking when my son could pick up the doors? Thank you. Jane

Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler
Please let me know if you still have the faucet! I'm in dire need of a new one, as mine died.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #18

Name: Sue
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
Nevada
Any chance you have one or both side windows? I know this was last year, but u never know! Thanks...
Old 07-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueP View Post
Any chance you have one or both side windows? I know this was last year, but u never know! Thanks...
There is a source for reasonably priced replacement windows but they are the clamp ring type (better). Ask over on the Uhaul facebook group.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #20

Ohio
Bob,

Not on face book myself. Do you have any info on those Clamp ring windows? Do they fit without much modification? I did manage to snag a pair (lft/rght) of the oem windows that sold out like crazy last year, but have not put them in yet.

Thanks,

Marty D
Old 07-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #21

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Marty; Another Uhaul owner found a source on ebay for custom made clamp ring windows. Reasonable price, about $125 or so, custom made to fit the opening. I also bought a pair of the NOS windows. Only installed one as I had already adapted a Scamp window into the right side. The info may be in the document center here, look under trailer brands, click on Uhaul, then look for parts interchange. A Scamp rear window can be made to fit in rear or front by slightly widening the opening. If you have the NOS windows you might as well put them in but if you get new weatherstrip you'll have to seal those two small drilled holes at the top of the window frame because the weatherstrip won't cover them.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:29 AM   #22

Ohio
Uhaul windows

Bob,

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen anything on the "clamp on" side windows, so i'll keep looking for them. Knew about the front and rear ones, but had not order them yet since mine seem to still be "water tight" so far. Would love to put jalousie windows in side, but can not find any one here in Cols, Ohio who will do fglass work at a reasonable price.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #23

New York
Marty; A few years ago a new Scamp 13 was in the campground we were at. We had window problems at that time so I measured the Scamp windows and they were close in size to our Uhaul so I ordered from Scamp a rear window and a jalousie side window. Found out the Scamp side window was a little too small for my opening. Now what to do!!. My easiest solution was to make a filler piece of 1/8" aluminum to cover the opening and cut out the right size hole for the Scamp window. Doesn't look too bad, and it's a nice window. Then shortly after all that those NOS windows came available, LOL. Otherwise I would have put a Scamp window on the other side. Other searches I had done for custom size windows resulted in prices of $400 to $600 each.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #24

Ohio
That's about the prices that I had been coming up with as well. A few years ago, I had an older gentleman in northern Ohio who was going to build me a pair of custom fit windows at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, (for him, not me), half way through the first window, he passed away and that was the end of that. I had since ordered new rubber and locking strips and rebuilt my old windows. They are so tight that I can't get them open. Then I was one of the lucky few to get the nos windows out of Iowa, but haven't had the time to put them in the unit yet. Maybe I'll get time to install them this year. Haven't had the little fellow (egg) out in a couple of years now. Starting to get the itch again.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #25

Name: Pat
Trailer: UHaul CT-13 1984
Minnesota
If anyone ever wants to sell their NOS UHaul windows, put my name on the list.

Thanks...
Old 07-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #26

Name: Dave
Trailer: UHAUL
Tennessee
Are there any windows in there? I have the front propane mount thingy.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #27

Name: Dave
Trailer: UHAUL
Tennessee
I'd love to even find a place that will make the windows custom.????

Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #28

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudfriend View Post
I'd love to even find a place that will make the windows custom.????

I'd advise people to check out Bob's post (#19) because that's about the best price around and they're not going to leak. If I was shopping for windows, I'd put in the clamp style on my side windows.

Several of us (me included) that installed the nos windows are still fighting with leaks. The gasket type of mounting system that the UH standard window use is not nearly as good as clamp style. IMO