Free UHaul CT 13 Spare, Awning, Hubs and Lights - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #1

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
UHaul CT 13 Spare, Awning, Hubs and Lights

Hello. My UHaul ("Bubble") is gone, but I still have the SPARE WHEEL and TIRE and the BAG AWNING. The wheel is original and I cleaned it up some and primered the inside. The black paint on the outside is fairly decent with some peeling. The steel is solid. No hub cap;sorry. The tire is like brand new with the little "whiskers" still intact. Size is ST 175/80 D 13 and it is a Load Star K 550. I also have two new HUBS and two aluminum tail light converter housings with lights. Finally, I have a handful of replacement running lights and running light lenses.

I'd rather NOT ship the spare or the awning. I would prefer pick-up. I am In Connecticut near Hartford and could drive to meet you within a couple hours of Hartford. I could ship the small stuff and will be happy if you pay my actual shipping cost.

All the best, Joe Kristan

Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #2

Connecticut
Wow! I thought I posted this as FREE. It is. Any and all of it. The only thing is that I would like my actual shipping cost up front for the small stuff. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I could use the hubs and lights, and would be happy to pay something for them. The spare too. We run through Hartford occasionally when going to visit our daughter in New London. Problem is we are spending the winter in the South and won't be back in your area until mid March. If someone else needs this stuff that's OK, if it doesn't go by the time we come north, I'll take it. Don't need the awning, just bought one a few months ago.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #4

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
u haul awning

I would love the awning... while i m in ca i have family that lives in middletown and work near hartford would you mind holding the awning for me until i can make the arrangements for them to pick it up

Does it have poles?
What color ?
Approx size ?
If you want you can pm

Thankd
alan
Old 01-20-2014, 04:18 AM   #5

Connecticut
UHaul Parts

Good Morning What a great response. First, I am very envious of ALAN H and his '81 Perris Pacer. Also, hoping that your relatives have enjoyed O'Rourke's in Middletown. It has become hugely popular. Anyway, this AWNING seems to be the original:grey with built-in frame and legs/poles. I would tie out the corner poles. Seems to me it is almost the whole length of the side; so, about ten feet or so ? It has two poles (struts) that extend from the coach to the awning frame. These struts are hinged into the awning frame and insert into little sockets on the coach. I don't know if your Pacer has those little sockets. I guess you could hack something if it came down to it. Idea: Have your people check it out and if it does not work for you, put it out on the curb.

Right now the SPARE tire/wheel is for BOB. BTW I can meet you within, say, a two-hour radius of Hartford, if that makes it easier for you. I think the hubs and lights are spoken for, but I DO have THREE hubs.

I want these parts to go to "a good home" and clear out my garage. I do not want to make any money. Thank you all.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #6

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kristan View Post
...this AWNING seems to be the original:grey with built-in frame and legs/poles. ... Have your people check it out and if it does not work for you, put it out on the curb.
Please don't put it out on the curb. I'm sure one of us can use it. I know there are members here that will grab it and forward it on through the meets coming up this year. Jean-L comes to mind. He may even want it for one of the family trailers.
It sounds like it might be a Trimline Awning by the sockets. Randy Bishop has posted some good pictures of various awnings in this thread: advice re: awnings for 13' Trillium

Please let me know if it is going to the curb. I'll make arrangements to have it picked up.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #7

Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
uhaul trailer awning

i definately will take it off your hands, it will not end up on the curb (ha ha)
how far away is middletown from you, as i have a number of relatives scattered around the hartford area.....can you send me a private mesaage with your address and /or phone number so i can get someone to make the connection

Thanks again

Alan

Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #8

California
uhaul awning

I spoke with my brother in-law last night,(discussing your lovley weather) anyway he drives through Hartford almost daily on his way to Middletown. He is willing to pick these up if you can provide an address / or common meeting place. One question both he and I have are the overall length of the bag awning, will it fit in a small prius or can it be broken down for transportation ?...any way drop me a note if you would with a contact # and i will have him make a call to setup the pickup arrangements

and yes they have visited the restaurant you mentioned

Thanks again for offering these

alan
(805)-338-8422
Old 01-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #9

Connecticut
UHaul Awning

So, Hi ALAN. I simply can't figure out how to PM you. Anyway; the awning in its bag is 80" or six foot eight inches long. Now, I've never ridden or driven a Prius, but it seems to me it could be slid in between the front seat backs and either sit up on the rear seat back. If the rear seat folds:all the better. BTW I can meet anywhere in the Hartford/Middletown vicinity. We could do a commuter parking lot or whatever is easiest for y'all. I am retired and best in the morning. I experience marked deterioration later in the day. Sounds like your people are doing the commute to the 9-5, so I would try to accommodate that since I am retired. Anyway, the best is to email me at jkristan@juno.com since I wake up sick early and always check my email before dawn. I'm not good on the phone, but it is 860 644 0038. Kindly call after 11:00 A.M. since my wife has some medical problems.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #10

California
uhaul awning

Joseph.....that sounds great....what i'll do is pass this to my family and let them contact you for making the arrangements......by the way their name is Pam & Jim Miller

once again thanks

Alan
Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #11

Connecticut
UHaul Spare Tire/Wheel and Hub

So BOB; Hi. I am holding out ONE HUB and the SPARE WHEEL/TIRE for you. Let me know when you're getting back into the area and we can work something out. Did I mention that I'm fairly close to I 91 N and S and I 84 E and W ? I am familiar with the routes from Vermont to New Haven and points south as well as from Boston to Danbury and points west. Yeah, I KNOW 84 E takes you to I 90 (Mass Pike) to Boston. Don't rush getting back up this way. We have about 15 degrees with a nasty wind today. Polar vortex, anyone ?

Tags
awning, light, lights, uhaul