For Trade: UHaul Heater - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
UHaul Heater

I cleaned and paid for a professional install of my U haul heater. Have bought a New wave heater and will give my heater to anyone who will uninstall it properly. It is in great shape and not all rusty like so many I have seen for sale. I just can't afford to pay for the uninstall And the install of the new one. I live in Salem VA, anyone can PM me or call 5405988003. I have never used it but the heat and air man said it looked good. Trade for the Uninstall.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #2

Virginia
Would love to get this done before March Spring Gobbler Season...

Old 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Is the New Wave heater propane? There's not much holding the original Uhaul heater in, a few screws and wires and the propane line. The big issue will be the outside vent removal which will leave a hole in the side.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #4

Virginia
Bob, I did not watch him install the heater, I know it took him some time though. Thanks for the info...The New Wave heater is propane. I want to have a flexible line taped into the existing heater propane line. Maybe a new hole drilled through the bottom of cabinet for the new line. This is so I can move the heater around a bit. Then I was thinking of adding an outside electric outlet through the vent hole. Do you think that'll work?
Old 02-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #5

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The flex gas line makes me a little nervous if you're moving it around, but that's just me. I was trying to envision where you would move the Wave heater and how much line you would need. This is a radiant heater and specifies that you leave clearance on all sides of the heating element. I suppose you could position it in the middle of the floor pointing toward the bed or dinette. My preference would be to place it under the dinette facing outward (with the gas line there) or on top of the table (same front gas feed). Our Wave is installed in the old heater hole and uses the side vent for the fresh air feed. We use an electric heater on the table occasionally or the heating element in our Coleman roof-top AC.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #6

Virginia
Thanks for your ideas Kevin, I am thinking of putting the New Wave on the lower side of cabinet wall as you enter the trailer. That would be lower left as you go through the door. With a little line in case I want to face the Bed. I think the side vent hole for fresh air is a very good idea. I want to use the old heater space for badly needed storage.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
T. I want to use the old heater space for badly needed storage.
Camping World sells a wire drawer on slides that will fit in the old furnace space. That's what I did with ours. Had to make a front and latch for it. I think their part # is 57022.

Tags
uhaul