For Sale: UHAUL Heater & Thermostate - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
UHAUL Heater & Thermostate

Okay folks tomorrow I will be pulling out the heater and thermostate. I saw where it had a shut off valve so I feel I can do it myself. This will be for sale to the Best Offer. Have no idea what it may be worth. Please come and take it away! Once I get it out I will photograph it for you.
Let's see how it goes. Private message me if you want it. I live in Virginia, too heavy to mail.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
After you remove it you should cap off the valve. If the valve is made for a flare fitting there are caps made to plug that. Or will you be using that gas line for your new heater?

Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #3

Virginia
Bob, I think I might use that line for the new Wave 3000 catalytic heater. Maybe I should wait. Am taking it in to the Service man next week because I am scared of gas line and want it done right.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Diane; I did fuel oil and propane service for a few years. I have seen valves leak, thus my point being if the line to your old furnace is not connected to anything don't totally trust the valve, plug or cap it for that extra bit of safety. Was that valve added in recently? Our Uhaul did not have one anywhere in the system.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #5

Virginia
Bob, yes I had the original furnace cleaned and professionally installed. They put a shut off valve on it. But I am going to wait till next week and have the service man take it out right. Thank you Bob, better to be safe than sorry.

Tags
uhaul