For Sale: UHaul hubcaps - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #1

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
UHaul hubcaps

U-HAUL U HAUL HUBCAP HUBCAPS | eBay

They fit the original rims. If you bought the new ones like we did, they don't fit these rims.

These are NOT my rims. We already have a pair. I am just posting this in case someone wants them.

CindyL

Old 10-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #2

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
They only have one Hubcap for sale. But its great if you're replacing a missing one, or want one 'pretty' one for the door side of the traielr

Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Illinois
Registry
I guess I did not read the fine print. However, I have seen other singles for sale on ebay. Buy one now and one later.

CindyL
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #4

Name: Lynne
Trailer: Casita
California
I've had my eye on this one already- I was lucky to find just one a while back and just need the one more for my CT13- guess we'll see how the bidding goes-
Lynne
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #5

Illinois
Registry
Good luck! We have a pair of them but will have to learn to use them creatively, since we have the new rims.

CindyL
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
It went for over $50, more than I wanted to pay. Right now I'm using a pair of old Toyota full hubcaps on our Uhaul, took them off a car I'm going to scrap.They look better than having none at all. Bob
Old 08-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #7

Name: Phil
Trailer: U-haul
New Brunswick
Bob, do you have a picture of the hubcaps? Or what kind of Toyota you got them from (year & model)? I bought some but they didn't fit since I have the original metal wheels. I want to cover them completely. Thanks!

-Phil
Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Phil, if you do a search for my thread " Uhaul new awning" you can see the hub caps. They are from a '90 or '91 Toyota Corolla, nothing great, just something I happened to have laying around. They are plastic, and you probably can get something at Walmart or an auto parts store that will fit. We have original wheels on our Uhaul. Note the date of my last post, 2011, if I had unsubscribed from this thread I would never have seen your question. Best to send a private message if it's an old thread, or if you get no response.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #9

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Phil, if you do a search for my thread " Uhaul new awning" you can see the hub caps. They are from a '90 or '91 Toyota Corolla, nothing great, just something I happened to have laying around. They are plastic, and you probably can get something at Walmart or an auto parts store that will fit. We have original wheels on our Uhaul. Note the date of my last post, 2011, if I had unsubscribed from this thread I would never have seen your question. Best to send a private message if it's an old thread, or if you get no response.
I used plastic wheel covers from the big box store. If I recall correctly, someone found Yamaha golf cart hub caps to fit the UHaul.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #10

Name: Des and Diane (D & D)
Trailer: Boler 1300, 1977 (#2033, "L EGGO")
Ontario
Hi, on hubcaps in general, I too, lost one of three on a rough road in Colorado I searched all the junk yards etc. in my area, for any shiny 13" to dress up my spare. No luck. Then, just driving by, southwesterly, on U.S. 1 in Maine, I spotted a sign "Hubcap Heaven"and did a U-turn.

Lo and behold, there was a senior citizen with a whole barn full of hubcaps, neatly displayed. He looked at my problem, said "let me check in my other building" and in about 10 minutes came up with the real thing! A shiny metal cap from a 1969 Datsun, for a very reasonable price. To me, it was the highlight of our trip.

I just did a Google search and came up with strangemaine.blogspot.com/206/09/hubcap-heaven-maine.html That's the place, so, if you're driving by, etc. etc. and give him my regards.

Des
Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #11

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Direct link to Hubcab Heaven as referenced by Des: Hubcap Heaven of Houlton, Maine
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I was just wondering........has anyone ever used Spinners?
Haven't seen them in a long time. Was that a shooting star fad?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
I was just wondering........has anyone ever used Spinners?
Haven't seen them in a long time. Was that a shooting star fad?
Late 50's, early 60's ? I don't recall having a set at the time.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #14

Name: Phil
Trailer: U-haul
New Brunswick
I will definitely check hubcap heaven. Actually New-Brunswick shares a border with Maine. I might go there on a trip next year and check them out. I recently bought a CT-13 who needs a lot of TLC and will start a thread in the near future to give you all the details of my restoration. I would like to thank everybody for all the replies!

-Phil

Tags
uhaul