For Sale: UHaul parts - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #29

Name: betsy
Trailer: uhaul
New York
Roof Vent Parts

Hi Mike,

I would like to arrange shipping for any of the roof vent parts you may still have. I can at least use the top cover to re-attach to mine, and other parts would be a bonus. My cell # is 518596-6171, and email is jmarker114@gmail.com. Photos would be appreciated.

thank you
bets n jim

Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #30

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bets.kingston View Post
Hi Mike,

I would like to arrange shipping for any of the roof vent parts you may still have. I can at least use the top cover to re-attach to mine, and other parts would be a bonus. My cell # is 518596-6171, and email is jmarker114@gmail.com. Photos would be appreciated.

thank you
bets n jim
The vent was sent to Roger Kimble. It was for a VT . I suspect you have the smaler CT. If you do have a VT download my excell spreadsheet from the document center and it will point you to sources for replacement. The only thing I have left are the traps and a doughnut spare tire. cT users have used the Fantastic and Maxair options to replace the swamp cooler.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #31

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Mike, do you still have the shore power cover and interior box? I need this interior box badly I would be happy to pay you for it. mtchild@verizon.net diane davis
Thanks.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #32

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Have the cover and probably the interior box but the are for a VT not a CT won't work unless you are willing to cut a new hole.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #33

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Mike, do you still have the shore power cover and interior box? I need this interior box badly I would be happy to pay you for it. mtchild@verizon.net diane davis
Thanks.
No new ones available in that same size, Diane? I haven't looked, but assumed that it was a standard part.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #34

Virginia
Mike I did not know they were different sizes, thanks for responding.
Thomas, I think member "Higginra" has been looking for a long time for the whole thing with not much luck. I have tried many different types of fixes on the hole where the shore power comes out as mine is hacked to death, Am afraid it will eventually cut the shore power cord. Bought electrical hatch and cover but too big..
Thanks anyway.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #35

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Diane, is your cover bad, or just the back side of the box. I just made a plastic piece to cover the holes where I removed the water fill and hose connection. All I have coming out that hatch now is the power cord and TV wire.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #36

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Diane, is your cover bad, or just the back side of the box. I just made a plastic piece to cover the holes where I removed the water fill and hose connection. All I have coming out that hatch now is the power cord and TV wire.
Bob, the back side of the box where the power cord draws through is huge and has jagged edges all up against the water fill spout. I have tried everything I can think of and it's a problem area. Cannot seem to find a glue to even stick anything on that will hold. How did you attach your plastic?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #37

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have a couple white plastic parts bin dividers laying around. close to 1/8" thick I would guess. I cut a piece out of one to fill the unused holes in the back of the box. Put some sealer on it and pop riveted it in. I normally don't pull the cord out because I removed the cabinet liner so there's usually a bunch of stuff piled on the cord. I use a heavy duty lead cord to the plug in the box. Do you use the hose connection or fill spout? Removing the hose connector and fill was tough, they were really stuck on with some kind of sealer. If we can make a patch piece, can you rivet it in place. Or how about a receptacle that you plug a cord into mounted in the box rather than pulling out the existing cord.. If you still use the hose and fill, maybe remove them, cut a new back for the box that the fill and hose can be mounted to, and a hole for the power cord, rivet that to what remains of the box back. Picture would help.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #38

Virginia
Bob, what kind of sealer? The best thing I found is a rubber drain stopper which i cut to fit, to pull the cord through but none of the so called professional glues have worked. You have opened up some options to think about though. Thank you.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #39

Name: sylvie
Trailer: currently shopping
Quebec
do you have wheel (rim) camper trailer?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #40

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviedulac View Post
do you have wheel (rim) camper trailer?
Read this: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Uhaul Wheels

Find a UHaul parts distributor: U-Haul Truck Trailer Parts: Shop for Ford, GMC, International and Toyota truck and trailer parts online or find a part store near you. We sell obsolete, OEM, NOS, parts for used box trucks and trailers.

Tags
uhaul